PDA

View Full Version : Anybody running a Trick Flow intake

89five0Gt
11-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone is running a Trick Flow intake. Would it be possible to get a few good pics of the vacuum lines and where they run. I want to double check mine and see if I'm missing something somewhere. Thanks.

QWKSNKE
11-05-2009, 07:37 PM
which trickflow? Italian ran one on the small motor and has a trickflow R on the big motor. I think Bandit has his old one on his vert now

89five0Gt
11-05-2009, 08:39 PM
IIRC its the street heat. i know its not the "R"

EHardy1971
11-05-2009, 08:48 PM
You're not missing any vacuum lines. That sucking sound you hear is coming from the driver's seat.:jester:

Now being serious, do you think you have a leak, or think you have them hooked up wrong?:shrug:

89five0Gt
11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Both.....I have one that I'm puzzled on so I blocked it off. Its a long hose on the front side. Its just there. If I wasn't going to use it, I would have capped it off under the intake so it wouldn't be an eye sore the first time Dennis and I put it on.

89five0Gt
11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
To make it clear to others, I've been running this exact combo for years. 92lx did most of the work on it and it ran great. Last year, I rebuilt the motor to freshen things up really, same combo. I did most of it myself and thats probably why its screwed up. Just troubleshooting is all. Preston said he would work on it, but it won't make it to J'ville. I don't think so anyways.

EHardy1971
11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Both.....I have one that I'm puzzled on so I blocked it off. Its a long hose on the front side. Its just there. If I wasn't going to use it, I would have capped it off under the intake so it wouldn't be an eye sore the first time Dennis and I put it on.
That sounds like the one that goes to the fuel evap purge solenoid on the pass side fender area. Look for a little cylinder, with an electrical plug on one end, and two vacuum fittings on the other end. One side of the vacuum should have a line coming from the firewall (actually from the fuel tank), and the other side should run to the vacuum port on the front of the upper intake where you mentioned that line was at.