PDA

View Full Version : Got car aligned

EZMachN
03-25-2005, 04:44 PM
First time to go get car aligned since my springs were put on. The guy said the Camber was fine but the Caster was both at 1.4. Does that mean I need c/c plates or will it be fine to leave it at that?

Also, ever since I put brake pads on the car, the new ones squeak awful. Is there a cleaner or something I can buy to help stop this?

Wicked
03-25-2005, 06:32 PM
First time to go get car aligned since my springs were put on. The guy said the Camber was fine but the Caster was both at 1.4. Does that mean I need c/c plates or will it be fine to leave it at that?

Also, ever since I put brake pads on the car, the new ones squeak awful. Is there a cleaner or something I can buy to help stop this?

If you didn't break the pads in correctly that might be the problem. Its also necessary to use grease between the pad and shim and shim and caliper to prevent noise.

EZMachN
03-25-2005, 11:07 PM
no one knows a/b the caster/camber?

86GT
03-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Not to sure which body style you have and how much you lowered it, but it will definatley affect caster. I lowered my fox with the motorsport C springs and had no problem adjusting the C/C.

Sendero
03-25-2005, 11:24 PM

What were the actual Caster/Camber settings? How much of a drop do you have?

1.4* on the Caster is a little low considering what is recommended in the Ford manual. Usually places will give you a printout if they use a digital system. If not, I always ask and write it down.

Ford Specs
Camber: .6 Negative
Caster: 3.6 Positive
Toe-In: .25*

Recommended Street
Camber: 1.0 Negative (although I have mine set to 1.5 Neg with minimal tire wear)
Caster: 4.5 Positive
Toe-In: .5*

I would do the recommended settings even on your car. It made my car much easier to handle on both the twisties and long trips.

EZMachN
03-26-2005, 12:56 AM
I went to dealership to have it done. He said the Toe-in was fine. He just said the Camber was neg 1.4 I'm guessing. I think I had them backwards at first. Since it's at 1.4 I guess I'm ok then.

Steeda says their Sport springs only drop the car a/b 1" to 1 1/4". The front really dropped alot, but the back isn't that much lower

Also, the car never really pulled to one side at all before getting alignment. And it's not pulling now either. I just wanted to make sure everything was ok

Shorty
03-26-2005, 03:09 AM
when i lowered mine the camber was ok, but after the springs had settled in it created a very bad camber issue. go ahead and get the plates. i wish i would have done it from the beginning. my tires sucked as far as traction but still had alot of miles left on them, but not anymore. :D