PDA

View Full Version : b&m superjection

tayzoid1
11-10-2009, 09:19 AM
anybody know anything about it? can it be used with a non forced induction motor?

tayzoid1
11-11-2009, 09:54 PM
damn nobody?

QWKSNKE
11-12-2009, 07:28 AM
never heard of it

Dale McPeters
11-12-2009, 11:23 AM
never heard of it

x2

Maybe a new item or so old I do not remember it?

coupe
11-12-2009, 02:33 PM
From the sounds of it, being B&M, it sounds like a possible mechanical injection system for a B&M blower setup?!? I just haven't had the nerve to "google" it because as I get older, new knowledge seems to purge stuff...and I have no control what gets purged.http://mastabeta.com/forum/images/smilies/ugh.gif

What were we talking about again? :think:

ncontt
11-12-2009, 03:00 PM
From the sounds of it, being B&M, it sounds like a possible mechanical injection system for a B&M blower setup?!? I just haven't had the nerve to "google" it because as I get older, new knowledge seems to purge stuff...and I have no control what gets purged.http://mastabeta.com/forum/images/smilies/ugh.gif

:same here:

Dale McPeters
11-12-2009, 07:52 PM

:same here:

:lol:

Sounds like me.

tayzoid1
11-12-2009, 09:42 PM
supposed to be some replace your carb with fuel injection stuff all i have is the actual plate injectors and maf so im thinkin o2 sensors, fuel pumpthat will keep up the injection, and a standalone, and a crank trigger?? so maybve itll work all im seeing is them used on blowers but hell its thesame concept? so im figguring it will work as long as i use a standalone computer.

right?

coupe
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
...so im figguring it will work as long as i use a standalone computer.

right?
Hard to say if it would work or not. But it really sounds like you might get in over your head with that setup. I strongly suggest having a good carb guy tune the carb on it if your'e wanting a bit better performance, response, or combination of the two. :nice:

EHardy1971
11-15-2009, 02:06 PM
From what I've read, that setup is older than than you Taylor.:jester: IOW, you can pretty much bet that finding parts, or support for it will be next to impossible. My suggestion would be to round up a factory harness, and EFI setup to put on it. Easier and cheaper to find, and plenty of support for it as well.

tayzoid1
11-15-2009, 03:17 PM
nahh im not reall wanting to go to injection but i figgured i ot it for free. all it is is four injectors mounted on a throttle plate with all the supporting sensore it shouldnt be that hard would it? using like a megasquirt standalone all i should have to do is wirein the sensors right? 02's, crank, injectors,maf, coolant right?

tayzoid1
11-16-2009, 03:59 PM
ok so if i go for a megasquirt 2 it will come compleatly blank how will i go about getting the car runing so i can do some pulls and start tuning. i am assuming i can download a base tune for what i have? any ideas considering it will be compleatly blank when i get it and of course wont run when is blank.

89five0Gt
11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Hard to say if it would work or not. But it really sounds like you might get in over your head with that setup. I strongly suggest having a good carb guy tune the carb on it if your'e wanting a bit better performance, response, or combination of the two. :nice:

:agree:

QWKSNKE
11-17-2009, 07:55 AM
nahh im not reall wanting to go to injection but i figgured i ot it for free. all it is is four injectors mounted on a throttle plate with all the supporting sensore it shouldnt be that hard would it? using like a megasquirt standalone all i should have to do is wirein the sensors right? 02's, crank, injectors,maf, coolant right?

That type of system will not use a MAF. Throttlebody injection is not an effecient way to make power anyways

ok so if i go for a megasquirt 2 it will come compleatly blank how will i go about getting the car runing so i can do some pulls and start tuning. i am assuming i can download a base tune for what i have? any ideas considering it will be compleatly blank when i get it and of course wont run when is blank.

LOL. No. The only way you will get a base file is if you find someone that deals in megasquirt on v-8 cars. There again though, you are looking at the wrong type of fuel injection if you are only wanting to do a the throttle body injection setup you mentioned earlier.

As others have mentioned in this thread go with the the factory style injection and upgrade with programming that way. That is where your support is at. You will be surprised at how much better car the runs and probably will make more power than with the carb

QWKSNKE
11-17-2009, 07:57 AM
. I strongly suggest having a good carb guy tune the carb on it if your'e wanting a bit better performance, response, or combination of the two. :nice:

LOL. Guess rednecks are getting harder to find :jester:

tayzoid1
11-18-2009, 12:57 AM
i already have the maf. the reason i was wanting to go with this instead of a factory style fuel injection is because of simplicity.....i thought lol i might gather the stuff and see where it goes as for now i got a brand new elderbrock goin on it anyway. so maybe in the future. and everything i have read on the superjection is that it used an anolog computer to controle everything and basicaly it was a bolt on and go type system for carbed cars and actually had pretty good results. but then again your takin late eighties too. so itll be sitting on the shelf for me to try......eventually thanks!

taylor

darkside
11-21-2009, 01:09 AM
If you just want to go to EFI, i'd find a stock harness and all that and go that way.

tayzoid1
11-22-2009, 01:47 PM
nahh im happy with the carb and alot of people have used throttlebodies. so ill figgure something out. and im not goin back factory.