PDA

View Full Version : What brake fluid do you guys use?

Wicked
03-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Brakes are my field of expertise, but when it comes to brake fluid I always use Honda Genuine Brake Fluid. Its the only thing they have where I work. :jester:

What do you guys use for street?

Thanks.

svopaul
03-26-2005, 07:36 AM
I use Motul.....The Ford Motorcraft fluid has been sworn by from a few road racers I know as well.

Sendero
03-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I use Motul.....The Ford Motorcraft fluid has been sworn by from a few road racers I know as well.

:werd: I use the FoMoCo in the metal can. Its tough to find but some dealerships still have old stock. I bought five cans when I found some.

QWKSNKE
03-26-2005, 11:30 AM
I use whatever came in the car back in 93 :D

Wicked
03-26-2005, 05:05 PM
:jester:

Craig K.
03-27-2005, 09:51 AM
The FoMoCo in the plastic bottle is just as good as the old stuff in the metal cans.
I had used the metal can stuff for two years of road racing and the plastic bottle stuff for two years, I never noticed any difference.

FoMoCo is good stuff, but does have only an average wet boil point, the dry boil is very high for an OEM.

The Valvoline Synthetic is pretty good too. I had a friend run this in his W2W car for two races, then site all winter. He had done a boil test before he used it, then after winter re-bolied it, the drop was only about 15 degrees. This was done on an OEM boil test equipment.

Sendero
03-27-2005, 10:18 AM
The FoMoCo in the plastic bottle is just as good as the old stuff in the metal cans.
I had used the metal can stuff for two years of road racing and the plastic bottle stuff for two years, I never noticed any difference.

Undeniably its the same fluid, but that plastic bottle doesn't like to keep very well once you pop that seal. The stuff I had in a plastic bottle turned a different color once it sat on the shelf for 6 months. :(

Craig K.
03-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Undeniably its the same fluid, but that plastic bottle doesn't like to keep very well once you pop that seal. The stuff I had in a plastic bottle turned a different color once it sat on the shelf for 6 months. :(

Nathan, the one nice thing with the plastic bottle is that you can use smaller quantities, usually one of the bottles is good for a front system bleed. This would prevent having to have any fluid left over.

Me personnely, I throw away any fluid after about 2 months on the shelf after the seal has been broken.

Good thing Ford fluid is cheap :)