PDA

View Full Version : Racecraft 2" Drop Spindles

Sendero
12-27-2004, 09:34 PM
http://www.racecraft.com/Products/drop_spindles.htm

First off, who can tell me about Racecraft's reputation. I have heard of them before but nothing to make an opinion on their workmanship.

These seem like a good idea in theory as it gives you the ability to lower your roll center while keeping valuable suspension geometery. This would eliminate most, if not all, bumpsteer and allow for greater range of adjustment for suspension tuning.

Or am I just crazy. What do you think?

QWKSNKE
12-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Well Racecraft is who Saleen uses for suspension products.

Brian has used the springs and struts

qkjuicedpony
12-27-2004, 09:56 PM
i have used the springs before and they were good.

96GTS
12-27-2004, 10:17 PM
I dont think thats the same Racecraft as the saleen stuff. Pretty sure Saleen just retags eibach, borla, and bilstien...

CrimsonRacing
12-28-2004, 07:00 AM
Nathan..........I suggest you contact Paul.........His coupe had racecraft suspension on it.

Maybe he can help you with the info........... :banana:

:metal:

svopaul
12-28-2004, 07:15 AM
For the record....Saleen "Racecraft suspension" was shocks and struts....Good ole Stevie just painted the front swaybars and let people think it was part of the Racecraft suspension.

I've used the shocks/struts and springs and honestly they are really no better than Monroe Formula GP's or similar and a set of decent lowering springs.

Not sure about the spindle but I would want some form of reference or quality assurance considering it is a very significant suspension component. These are steel made and a change from Factory. I would want to know if they had some form of liability insurance on this product or if they consider it "off road use only" to get out of DOT red tape.

Craig K.
12-28-2004, 11:38 AM
I had read an info. article on these not too long ago.

I haven't ever heard of the company, but from the looks of their web-site it looks like they are mostly straight line guys.

Using their piece on a road race car may be questionable. I would hold off until it has been in the market for a while.

What about doing a SLA instead?

Sendero
12-28-2004, 12:30 PM
What about doing a SLA instead?

:drool:

I would love too, but the only manufacturers making a SLA for Mustang chassis are Bartworks and Griggs. Both of these have "rumored" issues, but you know who that goes. Bartworks supposedly has an issue with the knuckle that attaches to the UCA failing and/or the spindle breaking around this area. I know of two different threads on Corner Carvers detailing the failure.

Now the Griggs unit looks nice. But there has always been a question of Griggs equipment durability on the street. I have heard of numerous owners having their K-members crack after a year of street duty. Doesn't make much sense to me as a Raced car see's more abuse than a street car.

Oh well, after the installation of the EvM Tri-Link my rear suspension will be considered finished with the exception of a tunable swaybar. Just haven't decided what to do on the front suspension, but a SLA would be my FIRST choice! :metal:

Bartworks SLA failure picture from a 99 Cobra: