PDA

View Full Version : Problems Again

JTowe85
03-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Where is the Cooling fan Module and how do i replace it????
My car kept running hot so i broke down and took it to the dealer and they said that my coolin fan module was bad...they wanted almost 200 to do it...is that good or could i do it my self cheaper???

JTowe85
03-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Anyone have any suggestions???

86GT
03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
It is called a IRCM (Intermediate Relay Control Module). They are usually right next to the fan. I have some ford CD's at home that I can look it up. From the avatar it looks as if you have a 94-95.

QWKSNKE
03-29-2005, 12:16 PM
yeah. If I am thinking about the right part, you should see a big wire harness coming out of a box on the passenger side of the radiator (or in the general area). If you have a haynes or chilton book they have a pic of it in there

slvrbullit
03-29-2005, 08:46 PM
The CCRM as it is called is located on the coolant overflow tank bracket. And that cost is about right. Are you sure that the fan itself is not bad. The CCRM controls more than the fan, it is also where the Fuel pump relays are located and various other relays of the car. There was a cooling fan recall that concerned the fan plug burning up due to the fan drawing too much current. If it is the fan, it will cost about 150 for a new fan assembly.

95GTMan
03-30-2005, 05:25 AM
The CCRM as it is called is located on the coolant overflow tank bracket. And that cost is about right. Are you sure that the fan itself is not bad. The CCRM controls more than the fan, it is also where the Fuel pump relays are located and various other relays of the car. There was a cooling fan recall that concerned the fan plug burning up due to the fan drawing too much current. If it is the fan, it will cost about 150 for a new fan assembly.

Or he can buy just a new fan motor for under a $100 from either auto zone or advance, but I can't remember which one.

JTowe85
03-30-2005, 04:18 PM
I took it in for the Cooling Fan Relay recall. When they were done they said that my Coolin Fan Module was bad..... I thought that was where it was (hooked to the metal bracket and coolant overflow tank). I was tod it was a Ford part the other day and had to be ordered from A dealership. I havent been driving the car since the module is bad and the car over heats within 5 min of driving it. I hooked the fan up to a switch so i could drive it and it still over heats, so im thinking that i have a couple of more problems.....

slvrbullit
03-30-2005, 09:24 PM
I took it in for the Cooling Fan Relay recall. When they were done they said that my Coolin Fan Module was bad..... I thought that was where it was (hooked to the metal bracket and coolant overflow tank). I was tod it was a Ford part the other day and had to be ordered from A dealership. I havent been driving the car since the module is bad and the car over heats within 5 min of driving it. I hooked the fan up to a switch so i could drive it and it still over heats, so im thinking that i have a couple of more problems.....

yes the CCRM is a ford only part, but the fan motor can be sourced from other suppliers.

86GT
03-30-2005, 09:28 PM
I got mine off a used Taurus in the local wrecking yard. It was 10 bucks.