PDA

View Full Version : L question for a friend.

Shorty
12-27-2004, 10:10 PM
this makes the third trip to the shop for my friend Jeremys L. each time they have told him the coils were bad. the mechanic said the DIS Fords are bad about this. he also said all he could do is replace them all one by one as they failed. i have never heard of this being a huge Ford problem. looks to me if all the coil packs are going out there is a bigger problem somewhere. any body got any ideas on this. the place doing the service is in Albertville, but i cant remember the name of it. something just sounds fishy about the whole thing. this is a 99' with 75k on it.

thanks guys

qkjuicedpony
12-27-2004, 10:13 PM
my brother has a 99 with a 5.4 and 150k miles....all original coils too....they are feeding him some bullcrap

QWKSNKE
12-28-2004, 07:36 AM
I have heard of it. Its not the coils so much as the boots that are on them. Tell your buddy to go to a dealership and pick up the boots that go on the coils. He can get all of them for around $40.

It is VERY common for them to develop cracks in them and cause the engine to miss. Wall's Expo did it and a guy we work with had a problem on his f150 because of it. I think Wall researched it when his was going out on the Expo and saw that it was very common on the 5.4's for some reason. Occurs around 60k-70k miles.

EZ SPEED
12-28-2004, 08:40 AM
I have heard of it. Its not the coils so much as the boots that are on them. Tell your buddy to go to a dealership and pick up the boots that go on the coils. He can get all of them for around $40.

It is VERY common for them to develop cracks in them and cause the engine to miss. Wall's Expo did it and a guy we work with had a problem on his f150 because of it. I think Wall researched it when his was going out on the Expo and saw that it was very common on the 5.4's for some reason. Occurs around 60k-70k miles.

:stupid:

Shorty
12-29-2004, 12:00 AM
thanks, i will get with him. he is slamming these coils on there at $95 a pop. that shit has got to hurt.