PDA

View Full Version : new bushings and now problems.

dropemlow
02-20-2010, 04:34 PM
just got done installing all new bushing in the front end, except the struat bushings. waiting to install them when new struats go in. but now when i turn the steering wheel left or right it jumps like it grips and slips( the tires). didnt do this before. and also the top of the tires are in alittle more then before. like its got neg. chamber. not sure if i need to let it sit and settle or if it needs to go to the front end shop. it dosen't pull when driving.

on a side note, the new bushing feel great. it was a great first mod to do, plus i need to do it. it squeaked bad. i think eric heard it the othee night in oxford.

93cobra1928
02-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Since you replaced all of the bushings it will need an alignment.
That should clear it up but I would wait until after you do the strut bushings.

dropemlow
02-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Since you replaced all of the bushings it will need an alignment.
That should clear it up but I would wait until after you do the strut bushings.

thanks. i was going to wait until get new sturats and shocks this summer but i guess that be next on the list. time to look for some. what is everyone else running?

Craig K.
02-21-2010, 07:16 AM
also did you remember to trque the control arm bolts in the ride position (assuming you replaced those as well). Same with sway bar bushings.

93cobra1928
02-21-2010, 07:19 AM
also did you remember to trque the control arm bolts in the ride position (assuming you replaced those as well). Same with sway bar bushings.

:werd:

dropemlow
02-21-2010, 08:28 AM

?..........:think:

93cobra1928
02-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Meaning with all the weight on the tires.

dropemlow
02-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Meaning with all the weight on the tires.

yes i put a jack under the fca and jacked it up to preload it. then i tq it down to specs. thats what the guy at the frontend shop told me to do.