PDA

View Full Version : Need Bellhousing

89StangRompt
02-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Ive come to the conclusion that i need a new bellhousing to solve my problems the holes for the starter ont he one i got is wollard out and the bolts im using is causeing the starter to move which is the reason it grinds but im gonna take the trans BACK OUT AGAIN tomrrow and try and re tape the bolt holes for the starter,(can anyone tell me if this is good idea or not)

if this doesnt work im gonna need a new bellhousing if anyones got one for sale lemme know its a t5 manual for 302 engine motor is 87 gt thanks for help

grabbinandstabbin
02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
if it is not wollowed out to bad you could put a helicoil in it or a metal insert(i have heard them called kingserts). they are most commonly used for spark plug holes.

89StangRompt
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
if it is not wollowed out to bad you could put a helicoil in it or a metal insert(i have heard them called kingserts). they are most commonly used for spark plug holes.

where u get them at? like whats the actual name what ur tal;king bout

stangman
02-23-2010, 07:09 AM
$75.00 for a bellhousing.

SlowJoe
02-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Ive come to the conclusion that i need a new bellhousing to solve my problems the holes for the starter ont he one i got is wollard out and the bolts im using is causeing the starter to move which is the reason it grinds but im gonna take the trans BACK OUT AGAIN tomrrow and try and re tape the bolt holes for the starter,(can anyone tell me if this is good idea or not)

if this doesnt work im gonna need a new bellhousing if anyones got one for sale lemme know its a t5 manual for 302 engine motor is 87 gt thanks for help

the engine plate should keep the starter from moving. unless you can't tightin the starter

grabbinandstabbin
02-23-2010, 08:49 AM
you can get them at most part stores. tell them you want a steel insert to go in the hole. they are mostly used for stripped spark plug holes.

Italian LX
02-23-2010, 09:15 AM
where u get them at?
Like grabbinandstabbin said, you can get them at most autoparts stores. I have used them for bell housings on both the starter bolt holes and the transmission mounting holes. The only problem is the kits (that usually have enough to repair 8+ holes) cost a lot ($25-$30 IIRC) -- that's a lot of money if you're only repairing one hole.

89StangRompt
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM
$75.00 for a bellhousing.

ight ill let u know sumtin if the method im trying now doesnt work