PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible

TheJeanyus
03-28-2005, 10:00 PM
to make the seat sit lower to the floor in an '03 Cobra? My seats in this car sit atleast 2" higher than my old '98 GT, and it would be much more comfortable if I could drop them about an inch or two while keeping my power driver's seat. Also, both seats need to sit at the same height (it would look uber-ghetto with one seat a couple inches lower than the other).

CrimsonRacing
03-29-2005, 05:56 AM
I think you may be experiencing the same thing I did.

When I installed the new seat skins and foam that I got from Whit,I felt like I was sitting higher.Probably the fact foam had not beren broken in,but I can feel and see a difference in the seat configuration.

It may be that the seats were designed a bit different from'98 to your year model.

Other than shaving down the bracket at the floor I have no idea how you could lower the seat.

:metal:

TheJeanyus
03-29-2005, 07:42 AM
It may be that the seats were designed a bit different from'98 to your year model.
:yup: These seats are MUCH different than my '98. Maybe I need to take it over to Paul's one day when I'm off work and take them out. We might be able to figure out something.

joker
03-29-2005, 08:41 AM
The seat rails from 99+ were different.

ChipR4cam
03-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Have you adjusted them as far down as you can with the controls. I almost cant see over the dash with the seat all the way down:jester:

QWKSNKE
03-29-2005, 12:21 PM
yeah the 01-up cobra seats sit way to high but I think it has more to do with the ass part of the seat being overall taller than anything to do with the seat track. I doubt you will be able to Joseph but it is definitely worth a try

ChipR4cam
03-29-2005, 12:27 PM
In my experience. Trying to get a seat to do anything it isn't designed to do hasn't worked so far.

Shorty
03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
just a thought, we have shaved the foam in motorcycle seats to lower the ride hieight. it may be possible a upholtery shop could do this.

TheJeanyus
03-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Have you adjusted them as far down as you can with the controls.
You mean the seats adjust up and down? :sarcasm: :slap: :slap:

I almost cant see over the dash with the seat all the way down:jester:
Your seat must be WAY different than mine then. I feel like I'm sitting on the roof compared to my old GT.

QWKSNKE
03-29-2005, 08:04 PM
You mean the seats adjust up and down? :sarcasm: :slap: :slap:

Your seat must be WAY different than mine then. I feel like I'm sitting on the roof compared to my old GT.

yeah the 99's do not have the 18" thick ass cushion like the 01-up cobras. I feel your pain Joseph, it sucks

Craig K.
03-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Joesph,
In my '96 Cobra, the seat got stuck in the upper position, I had to manually lower the seat down before the motor would cycle again.

What about changing the seat track to an older model?

TheJeanyus
03-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Joesph,
In my '96 Cobra, the seat got stuck in the upper position, I had to manually lower the seat down before the motor would cycle again.

What about changing the seat track to an older model?
The seat is not stuck - it moves up and down. I can't imagine why anyone would want it any higher though. I agree with Lee - I don't think it's in the track - I think it's the thick seat cushion.

QWKSNKE
03-30-2005, 04:48 AM
The seat is not stuck - it moves up and down. I can't imagine why anyone would want it any higher though. I agree with Lee - I don't think it's in the track - I think it's the thick seat cushion.

yeah I don't think the everybody realizes how big the seat is that came in the 01-up cobras. Its freaking huge

ChipR4cam
03-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Ok Joseph, I have the solution.

We trade seats.........it's perfect.

:jester:

Sendero
03-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Joseph, I saw a modification somewhere on the net regarding Cobra seats. I'm trying to retrace my steps to see if I can find it. I think its at (*gulp*) mustangworld. :(

TheJeanyus
04-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Ok Joseph, I have the solution.

We trade seats.........it's perfect.

:jester:
:nono: :jester: