PDA

View Full Version : Great Weekend for Me @ Bradenton!

TurboPete
03-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Well lets say I had a unbelievable weekend . Got to Bradenton on Thursday I knew I had some T&T to do especially after the gear change . Wasn't sure what was going to happen .

Here are video's of my Progress as I dialed in the car:

1st Video Thursday late afternoon. Shakedown pass 20 psi's , 16 psi's tire pressure , 2 step at 3800 around 8 psi's off the line . 60ft was a 1.487.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XL8cpDp7Oo

Friday Morning 2nd pass I bumped up the 2 step to 4100 , gave me around 10 psi's off the line turned boost controller up to 22.6 psi's , tire pressure stayed at 16 psi's, car was pulling timing up top, so I fixed that on the tune before my next pass. 60ft was a 1.433

http://www.youtube.com/user/MAKPERFORMANCE1#p/u/4/US_QDL5yArA

Friday Morning 2nd T@T Pass. Fixed one part of the timing issue everything else stayed the same . I didn't get a good burn out so I cooked the tires right off the line. 60ft was a 1.68

http://www.youtube.com/user/MAKPERFORMANCE1#p/u/2/8UjOCFOlsV8

3rd T&T Pass . I dropped the tire pressure to 15.5 , did a good burn out left the line on the 2 step at 4100 with 10 psi's , and left the total boost at 22.6 60ft was a 1.402.

I left everything as is after that pass, and hoped for the best for True Street.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MAKPERFORMANCE1#p/u/1/IuAfb-Y69GI

I was unable to get videos of my TS three passes from the line b/c they would not let crew members at the Starting line so they took two video's from the finish line area were we where parked .

This was my last pass 10.003 @ 135.44 w/a 1.418 60ft .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08lYQQZl4MY

My average ET on the 3 passes was a 10.030 , I ended up Winning the event between two other friends of mine from Miami . It was the CLOSEST 10.0 CLASS in NMRA history I was told .

Hope you like the Video's !:metal:

Pete

qkjuicedpony
03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Saw pics of your car over on yellowbullet.

Props on the win...Car looks to be doing good

SlowJoe
03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
:metal:

TurboPete
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Saw pics of your car over on yellowbullet.

Props on the win...Car looks to be doing good

Thanks , we have a few issue's to fix , and I think the tranny tune can be a little better in the shift format to run easily in the 9 80s or 70s at 22 to 23 psi's .

Hope to be back at the track by the end of the month.

Pete

QWKSNKE
03-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Nice runs Pete!

TurboPete
03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Nice runs Pete!

Thanks , Im ready for the Next Track day let me know in time and Ill make the Drive up . Im sure GIJOE Dave Lewis will let me know.:chug:

Pete

acproxer
03-10-2010, 07:16 PM
great times, congrats

rtusnake
03-11-2010, 06:43 AM
congrats. The car is moving out. What bov are you running?

waypastcrazy
03-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Sweet!

coupe
03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Car looks good... I saw it several times at the race but didn't realize it was you.

It should easily run faster than 10.0's with a 78mm turbo. Is it still tuned with a Mass Air meter??? Put a FAST or BS3 on it (speed density) with a 3 bar MAP sensor, and shoot for low 9's or better.

1Quik85GT
03-11-2010, 01:51 PM
car looks good,

TurboPete
03-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Car looks good... I saw it several times at the race but didn't realize it was you.

It should easily run faster than 10.0's with a 78mm turbo. Is it still tuned with a Mass Air meter??? Put a FAST or BS3 on it (speed density) with a 3 bar MAP sensor, and shoot for low 9's or better.

Thanks keep in mind the car weighs 4100 pounds and I was on my frt 20" street tires that weigh a ton.
I had the boost at 22.6 and I was dialing myself in for the 10.0 class . Im sure the car will go 9.60s turning up the boost.
Remember this car also has STOCK HEADS and CAM.
Still tuned with factory computer and a DiabloPreditor with a Blow Thru Meter set up PMAS.

Pete

TurboPete
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
congrats. The car is moving out. What bov are you running?

Its a Tial Q.

Pete

Dale McPeters
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Not to bad at all Pete.....very nice.

I am still waiting on the dealer to see what the 2011 5.0 costs...:D

TheJeanyus
03-11-2010, 05:06 PM
...and CAM.
It might go even faster with BOTH cams. :jester:

TurboPete
03-12-2010, 06:38 AM
It might go even faster with BOTH cams. :jester:

Hahahahaha I didn't realize I wrote that , Thanks your Right!:metal:

Pete

Wickd GT
03-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Good runs Pete! Looking at your videos, where is the cage? Do you have a 6 point, I didn't see it.

Edgar

TurboPete
03-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Good runs Pete! Looking at your videos, where is the cage? Do you have a 6 point, I didn't see it.

Edgar

Hahahha, my Cage? Its somewhere at a local shop in town :jester:

I was told I need a cage to compete next time at least a 6 point.

I also need to see what Im going to do about the inlet temps. Im probably leaving like 60 hp on the table at 22 psi's with the temps in the 180s.

If I can bring the temps down the car will run 9.70s all day with the mph back up were it should be , and by changing the converter lock up .
Either way Im happy with the way the car performed . I was able to get alot of seat time in it and understand more of what its doing going down the track . Three of my T&T passes were all in the 6.3 something 1/8ths which should have been 9.90s but the MPH was a bit low at the top end since the temps were so high.
I DONT want to put a Water to Air since its a street car , I don't want all the extra hardware so I may look into building a new Air to Air bigger and maybe cross flow to bring the temps down. Ive got a New Oil pump coming in so I hope to be out at the track by the end of the month and see if I can make a couple 9 sec passes with the boost turned up some more and a different shift tune in it.
I was telling Dave in a couple months maybe towards the end of May I would like to come up for the weekend and bring the fox body if its done , if not Ill bring the S197.

Here's a video of the 9 sec pass its not very good but its all we have. I couldn't hear myself think the car next to me was extremely loud.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MAKPERFORMANCE1#p/u/6/V-Ptx0l0EKo

Pete

SlowJoe
03-14-2010, 02:11 PM
safety first!!!!!

1Quik85GT
03-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Hahahha, my Cage? Its somewhere at a local shop in town :jester:

I was told I need a cage to compete next time at least a 6 point.

I also need to see what Im going to do about the inlet temps. Im probably leaving like 60 hp on the table at 22 psi's with the temps in the 180s.

If I can bring the temps down the car will run 9.70s all day with the mph back up were it should be , and by changing the converter lock up .
Either way Im happy with the way the car performed . I was able to get alot of seat time in it and understand more of what its doing going down the track . Three of my T&T passes were all in the 6.3 something 1/8ths which should have been 9.90s but the MPH was a bit low at the top end since the temps were so high.
I DONT want to put a Water to Air since its a street car , I don't want all the extra hardware so I may look into building a new Air to Air bigger and maybe cross flow to bring the temps down. Ive got a New Oil pump coming in so I hope to be out at the track by the end of the month and see if I can make a couple 9 sec passes with the boost turned up some more and a different shift tune in it.
I was telling Dave in a couple months maybe towards the end of May I would like to come up for the weekend and bring the fox body if its done , if not Ill bring the S197.

Here's a video of the 9 sec pass its not very good but its all we have. I couldn't hear myself think the car next to me was extremely loud.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MAKPERFORMANCE1#p/u/6/V-Ptx0l0EKo

Pete

NMRA let you run those ET's without a cage?

rtusnake
03-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I would run meth on the car. It keeps the temps way down and also helps by adding octane

SlowJoe
03-14-2010, 03:25 PM
I would run meth on the car. It keeps the temps way down and also helps by adding octane

:meth: :jester:

TurboPete
03-14-2010, 03:42 PM
NMRA let you run those ET's without a cage?

Yeup , they tech'd the car in the beginning , but pass after pass there is nobody there to look at your car . I was told by another racer that last year they ran 10.70s , and was told that they gave them a one time only pass . Next time they need to have a cage or they will not be able to run the car.
There were alot of people way faster then a 11.49 with no cage in the car .

Pete

1Quik85GT
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeup , they tech'd the car in the beginning , but pass after pass there is nobody there to look at your car . I was told by another racer that last year they ran 10.70s , and was told that they gave them a one time only pass . Next time they need to have a cage or they will not be able to run the car.
There were alot of people way faster then a 11.49 with no cage in the car .

Pete

wow.....i figured they would be all over the cars, I know when i was at BG 2yrs ago, they told me not to run over 11.49 or i was out!! anyways I hope to see ya at steele sometime..your car flys!!

rtusnake
03-14-2010, 10:07 PM
No cage needed at steele :banana: