PDA

View Full Version : Question about Kenne Belle blowers

uvbnhad
03-29-2005, 06:54 PM
I was checking the KB blowers out and I noticed it had a warning on it I'd never seen before with a blower. There is a sticker on the main unit itself to never allow the fuel level get below 1/4 of a tank. I know you swap out the fuel pump and all but what does that have anything to do with the fuel level; if anything?

94five0
03-29-2005, 07:08 PM
i'm guessin it has to do somthing w/ the feedline pressure for the blowers? :shrug: on centrifugal units, like the procharger, novi, paxton etc... they're relatively close to the compressor housing.. w/ the roots style eaton blowers. like the cobra eaton an KB style.. it may have a oil feed issue trying to over come gravity since the unit itself is actually the upper intake on the engine..

if you stay out of the boost, you could, thoreticaly, run below a 1/4 of a tank.. you jus run the risk of locking it up w/ out sufficiant lubrication if you "get" on it..

most of the KB units come w/ a pump unit that boosts the normal feed pressure..BAP too..

Wicked
03-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Got a pic? Sure its not referring to the oil level in the blower itself.

Otherwise, its to prevent going lean as you run out of gas. Kinda strange to have a sticker on the blower itself.

Edit: Jase, the BAP is for fuel pressure which is not connected in any way to the blower itself. Kenne Belle also has its own oil system and does not share oil with the engine.

Wall96cobra
03-29-2005, 07:24 PM
"if you stay out of the boost, you could, thoreticaly, run below a 1/4 of a tank.. you jus run the risk of locking it up w/ out sufficiant lubrication if you "get" on it.."

Uh...do what????? :crazy:

If you run the car below 1/4 of a tank there is a greater risk of running lean especially since stock tanks aren't sumped, so if you're at the track and take off real hard with low fuel then there's a possibility you could starve the fuel pumps. But you can run it below a 1/4 of a tank but just stay out of boost.

QWKSNKE
03-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Edit: Jase, the BAP is for fuel pressure which is not connected in any way to the blower itself. Kenne Belle also has its own oil system and does not share oil with the engine.

Actually the BAP is connected to the blower per say. It only ups the Fuel pressure when under boost. There is a boost line that goes to a BAP sensor.

I think Jonathan hit the nail on the head but I have never heard of that particular warning though

QWKSNKE
03-29-2005, 08:01 PM
i'm guessin it has to do somthing w/ the feedline pressure for the blowers? :shrug: on centrifugal units, like the procharger, novi, paxton etc... they're relatively close to the compressor housing.. w/ the roots style eaton blowers. like the cobra eaton an KB style.. it may have a oil feed issue trying to over come gravity since the unit itself is actually the upper intake on the engine..

if you stay out of the boost, you could, thoreticaly, run below a 1/4 of a tank.. you jus run the risk of locking it up w/ out sufficiant lubrication if you "get" on it..

most of the KB units come w/ a pump unit that boosts the normal feed pressure..BAP too..

What the hell did you just say? Are you talking about oil or fuel Jason?

Wall96cobra
03-29-2005, 08:02 PM

What you didn't know those kenne bell blowers convert your car to a 2-cycle engine? :jester:

uvbnhad
03-29-2005, 09:38 PM
I hate to ask you to download this video as it's rather large (and quite entertaining if you have heard of the Chris Johnson crap going on in Texas) but this is where I first saw the sticker I'm talking about. Click here (http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=186). I understand the octane issue but just not the fuel level thing.

Italian LX
03-29-2005, 10:08 PM
That video seemed kind of lame.... looked like a lot of smack talk with no times or races to back it up. :shake:

****in' dyno queens. :rolleyes:

Scothew
03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I think jonathan is entirely correct.

Scothew
03-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Wait, thats not the same chris johnson I am thinking about right?

94five0
03-29-2005, 10:24 PM

i'm trying to explain things I don't understand.:D

any body wanna give me a supercharger so i can learn..:D

TheJeanyus
03-29-2005, 10:34 PM
i'm trying to explain things I don't understand.:D

any body wanna give me a supercharger so i can learn..:D
Buy me a Kenne Bell, Whipple, Procharger, or turbo kit, then you can have my Eaton. :D

Don't worry about that 5 liter vs. 4.6 thing - Paul can make it fit. :D

ChipR4cam
03-30-2005, 07:00 AM
Wait, thats not the same chris johnson I am thinking about right?

No. Watch the video. It's not Chris from JMS/Superchips.

Sendero
03-30-2005, 08:14 AM
I think jonathan is entirely correct.

I concour captain! :popcorn:

99LS1
03-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Buy me a Kenne Bell, Whipple, Procharger, or turbo kit, then you can have my Eaton. :D

Don't worry about that 5 liter vs. 4.6 thing - Paul can make it fit. :D

So you can have a 600hp car that runs like a 300hp car? :jester:

Scothew
03-30-2005, 09:22 AM
No. Watch the video. It's not Chris from JMS/Superchips.

I wasnt sure since i've never met Chris from JMS. But I didnt think it was

svopaul
03-30-2005, 04:38 PM
If you run the car below 1/4 of a tank there is a greater risk of running lean especially since stock tanks aren't sumped, so if you're at the track and take off real hard with low fuel then there's a possibility you could starve the fuel pumps. But you can run it below a 1/4 of a tank but just stay out of boost.

:werd: ......That would be my line of thinking :D

Wicked
03-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Actually the BAP is connected to the blower per say. It only ups the Fuel pressure when under boost. There is a boost line that goes to a BAP sensor.

I think Jonathan hit the nail on the head but I have never heard of that particular warning though

You know what I mean. Of course I knew the BAP was boost referenced. But you can get a vacuum/boost signal from other places other than directly off the blower; i.e. tap into existing vacuum line.

My point was the fuel does not goes in the blower. :jester:

Wall96cobra
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
You know what I mean. Of course I knew the BAP was boost referenced. But you can get a vacuum/boost signal from other places other than directly off the blower; i.e. tap into existing vacuum line.

My point was the fuel does not goes in the blower. :jester:

Actually it does tap into a existing vacuum line on anywhere on the intake so it does not connect to the blower
;)

Wicked
03-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Actually it does tap into a existing vacuum line on anywhere on the intake so it does not connect to the blower
;)

Nevermind.

TheJeanyus
04-01-2005, 09:08 PM
So you can have a 600hp car that runs like a 300hp car? :jester:
:yup: :metal: