PDA

View Full Version : can someone tune my brothers supercharged fox?

6Speed
03-24-2010, 09:18 AM
My brother has a supercharged foxbody. He asked me if I could help him find someone to tune it. He lives in Springville, AL, but I'm sure he could bring the car to anywhere in the northern or central part of the state.

He said it seems to run fine if he is in the throttle, but runs like crap just driving around town. He said once it starts acting up, it won't clear up until he shuts it off and then cranks it back up. Any idea what this could be?

I don't know much about his setup, but he told me it was a V-1 running around 15psi of boost.

It's never been dyno'd, or professionally tuned, from what I gather.

QWKSNKE
03-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Does he have any type of programmable tuner on it now?

6Speed
03-24-2010, 11:23 AM
no I don't believe so.

Dale McPeters
03-24-2010, 11:40 AM
no I don't believe so.

He needs one.....:D

qkjuicedpony
03-24-2010, 11:43 AM
He needs one.....:D

Not really:D

6Speed
03-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Heh...I don't know anything about 5.0 motors. I work on Lt1. :banghead:

Is there no one that he can pay to tune it for him? Or would he be better off ordering the programmer?

Dale McPeters
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Not really:D

Yes he does if he is going to drive it all the time....if it is strictly for racing then maybe not.....:D

Heh...I don't know anything about 5.0 motors. I work on Lt1. :banghead:

Is there no one that he can pay to tune it for him? Or would he be better off ordering the programmer?

I bet Lee or Brian could do it in their spare time if he had a TwEECer-RT....:lol:

QWKSNKE
03-24-2010, 01:24 PM
need to more about the setup...

If it has an aftermarket H/C/I with the blower, what MAF, what injectors, etc....

To reiterate what qkjuiced said, it doesn't have to have a tuner to run decent, but it needs one to be efficient.

6Speed
03-24-2010, 01:50 PM
The car isn't a daily driver. Just a weekend ride.

He told me it had an edelbrock upper and lower intake. Waiting to hear back from him on the other mods.

Who are Lee or Brian?

TheJeanyus
03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
The car isn't a daily driver. Just a weekend ride.

He told me it had an edelbrock upper and lower intake. Waiting to hear back from him on the other mods.

Who are Lee or Brian?
QWKSNKE and Italian LX

coupe
03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
My first guess is that he has the wrong "calibration" on the MAF meter... like the injectors are too big or too small.

I've seen several foxbodies with S-trim (V1) vortechs run pretty darn well with 42# injectors and an appropriately "calibrated" MAF meter for 42# injectors. That's a great start, and then fine-tune with Quarterhorse or Tweecer. :nice:

6Speed
03-24-2010, 02:36 PM
My first guess is that he has the wrong "calibration" on the MAF meter... like the injectors are too big or too small.

I've seen several foxbodies with S-trim (V1) vortechs run pretty darn well with 42# injectors and an appropriately "calibrated" MAF meter for 42# injectors. That's a great start, and then fine-tune with Quarterhorse or Tweecer. :nice:

Excellent. Well hopefully someone can help him get it tuned up and running right.

So are those two programmers able to work with any 5.0 motor? I use LT1-edit on my car but once you mate it with your computer you can't use it on another lt1 car unless you buy extra licenses. (at least that's the way it was years ago, I haven't f'd with tuning in years).

QWKSNKE
03-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Anything available for a 5.0 car is going to be a piggy back, meaning it has to stay attached to the EEC at all times.

I agree with coupe, more than likely it is a improperly calibrated MAF. Need to check for any vacuum leaks as well. Any air entering the engine after the MAF can wreak havoc on getting one to run well

lukem80
03-25-2010, 07:02 AM
told you this was a good place to post up buddy!

Italian LX
03-25-2010, 08:54 AM
told you this was a good place to post up buddy!
Oh no, he's friends with Luke....?

Just forget everything we told you and have your brother drive his car off a cliff.

:jester:

Dale McPeters
03-25-2010, 09:42 AM

Just forget everything we told you and have your brother drive his car off a cliff.

:spit:

:rofl:

TheJeanyus
03-25-2010, 09:58 AM

:rofl:

6Speed
03-25-2010, 11:48 AM
yeah I'm Luke's bud.

I found out he has 30lb injectors and he said the maf has 30lb on it somewhere too. He also said the heads were edelbrock performers. Still tryin to get info on the cam, but we think it's a b303 or smaller. It doesn't idle very aggressive.

The car ran fine before and now it's acting up.

lukem80
03-26-2010, 07:37 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/10ek5na.gif

6Speed
03-26-2010, 03:36 PM
^that must be your favorite gif. I'm kinda partial to the one with the girl and the pink dong. lol

BLOWN95GT
03-31-2010, 07:20 PM
You could also have someone burn you a custom chip wich means you don't have any extra wires or anything hanging out in the open but I doubt you need any of this stuff. Call 205-249-6462 and take it to Blake Walker, He ownes Walker Dyno tune in Trussville, Alabama. He will get you where you need to be.