PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased quaterhorse and binary editor

DerekT
04-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Well i recently purchased the Quaterhorse,and the Binary Editor for my 95 GT,so i was just going to see who all on here is or has ran this and get some tips on the does and dont's of tunning my car.I've been doing some research and it seems that one of the biggest reccomendations is to read up as much as possible on it,but i thought i'd just ask around for some helpfull hints on it,this is the first time i've ever messed with anything like this so any and all help is greatly appreciatted.As of now my car is basically stock, but the reason i went ahead and purchased it and installed it was i wanted to get my feet wet with it before i put my aluminum headed 302 in the car.The new motor is a 302 with a set of worked TF TW heads, with an E cam and a 95 Cobra intake, with long tubes an Xpipe and magnaflow mufflers.So if there's anyone that has any experience with this any and all help with it would be appreciatted.
Thanks.
Derek.

SlowJoe
04-07-2010, 09:26 PM
there is some guys here that will maybe help you get your feet wet. welcome to the board.

SlowJoe
04-07-2010, 09:28 PM
this is something to help a little.

http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=13385

DerekT
04-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Sounds good, oh and thanks for sending me to this site Joecoupe, i really have enjoyed it, and thanks for the kind welcome.

coupe
04-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Dale McPeters will probably respond soon... he has done a good bit of work with the Quarterhorse along with some other Moates products and AEM stand-alones.

DerekT
04-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Sounds great, i hope he does because i can definetely use all the help and guidance i can get.

SvoBrown
04-08-2010, 03:25 AM
I have some of the moates stuff. J3 chip in the svo. after I got someone to get the tune done it has been flawless ever since. Good stuff!!

93cobra1928
04-08-2010, 05:07 AM
eectuning.org is a good place to get info, lots of good tuning
tech there

DerekT
04-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Svobrown who did you get to tune your car, and yes EECTunning.org is a good website.

Dale McPeters
04-08-2010, 11:29 AM
The main things to get correct on the '95 cars is the maf & injectors.
If you don't then all of you load calculations will be off...

Meaning that the fuel & spark are based on the actual load calculations

What all are you needing help with?

ncontt
04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I am probably going to pull the trigger on the Quarterhorse as well once my Obama check, I mean my tax refund (new house, yippee) comes back!!! So I am going to be needing some input as well but I've messed with the TwEECer enough to have a rough idea of what's going on. Dale and alot of these other guys are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to this tuning stuff and the the eectuning. site is good too.....

DerekT
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Well Dale,to be honest what i wanted to do is see how much better i could make a basically stock GT run with the Quaterhorse before i put in all my new stuff,and the reason is is i've always been told the computers on the sn's pulled timing among other things,and really held those cars back.So i'd like to get someone to help me see how much of a diffrence the Quaterhorse actually helps one of these cars, and just see if the computer holds them back as much as they say they do.I do however understand that when i put my HCI,motor in that the Quaterhorse will be even worth more to me then.

QWKSNKE
04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Well Dale,to be honest what i wanted to do is see how much better i could make a basically stock GT run with the Quaterhorse before i put in all my new stuff,and the reason is is i've always been told the computers on the sn's pulled timing among other things,and really held those cars back.So i'd like to get someone to help me see how much of a diffrence the Quaterhorse actually helps one of these cars, and just see if the computer holds them back as much as they say they do.I do however understand that when i put my HCI,motor in that the Quaterhorse will be even worth more to me then.

yes. it does hold back as much as they say. Timing is pulled when shifting and timing is pulled back around 100 mph

DerekT
04-09-2010, 03:13 AM
I thought they did, im hoping we can play around with the Quaterhorse and get rid of that and see how much it helps.

SvoBrown
04-09-2010, 03:15 AM
Motion dynamics did mine about 4 years ago. Sent the wideband info to them and they sent me a chip. took 2 tries and they had it pretty close.

SlowJoe
04-09-2010, 04:29 AM
stinger did mine:metal:

DerekT
04-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Joe is Stinger,or anyone else on here live anywhere around Arab?

DerekT
04-09-2010, 11:24 AM
let me rephrase that,Joe does Stinger or anyone else that could help me tune my car live anywhere near, or around Arab,im willing to drive.

SlowJoe
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
your best bet around here would be Lee (QWKSnke) if he has time:jester: or Brain (Italian LX). Stinger done mine by email and a buddy burnt it to the chip.

DerekT
04-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Ok i'll try and snd them a pm and see if we cant get something figured out,thanks.

DerekT
04-10-2010, 05:21 AM
Does anyone know what Paramaters to change on my 95GT that will stop the computer from pulling timing like it does.Im running the Binary Editor with the Quaterhorse.
Thanks.
Derek.

93cobra1928
04-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Does anyone know what Paramaters to change on my 95GT that will stop the computer from pulling timing like it does.Im running the Binary Editor with the Quaterhorse.
Thanks.
Derek.

Have you posted this on eectuning.org? On that site under "tuning the eec" there is a sticky about a site called tune exchange, check it out also it may have what you are looking for in a template you can import into BE

http://tunexchange.mustang-tech.org/

This is the site, just look up your strategy which is probably CBAZA, lots of templates for it

DerekT
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Ok I'll check it out thanks, and ya it's the cbaza.

geartech
09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Not sure if you already answered this in the other posts. Make sure you get a strategy file other than the ones you can download from clints site. The one Salior Bob made for LLX4/CDNA(I think thats it) is tons better, well worth the $20.00 bucks

ncontt
09-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Ya tuningexchange is not up anymore I don't think (unless someone else is hosting it)