PDA

View Full Version : rust

dropemlow
04-11-2010, 03:30 PM
not sure where to post this at so please move if need be. i was putting the car up on jackstands and rubbed my hand across the under body of the car and the paint came off and what did i see but rust. its not that bad i guess. theres no hole and when i pushed on it it doesn't move. so i guess what i need to know is this kinda what to expect from a 20 year old car. im going to order some rustbullet to cover over it. i was told that it was some good stuff. there is one spot that is worst then the rest but theres no holes in it.:banghead:

dropemlow
04-11-2010, 03:35 PM
sorry should have posted this under my project can a mod move it for me.

SlowJoe
04-11-2010, 03:41 PM
i would see about getting it blasted before i put anything on it.

dropemlow
04-11-2010, 06:19 PM
i would see about getting it blasted before i put anything on it.

if i do that i will have to strip the car done to the bone.in those areas. i talked to some friends that my dad knows and they told me to do the rustbullet stuff. they said they put it on a car a few years ago and it is still working great.

when i pull the motor to build it i might go ahead and get it blasted then. but for now im going to use the rust bullet.

89 Hoss
04-11-2010, 08:46 PM
PRO 15 excellent stuff from what I hear. I will be using this on my 71 C-10 project. KBS also makes a line of rust treatment, I hear it is also pretty good! I will be experimenting with both. The KBS line is much cheaper for the kits, but I just have to try both to form my own opinion.

Craig K.
04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I have not used any of the new chemical products but will say the most improtant thing is to get all the rust off, use a wire wheel on a drill, have it blasted, sandpaper, whatever is needed