PDA

View Full Version : I-Phone Tapatalk

Dale McPeters
04-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Anybody know if the I-Phone Tapatalk for vbulletin is enabled on the forum?
If not can it be enabled so that I am able to use it...

93cobra1928
04-16-2010, 12:45 PM
What is Tapatalk? I have an iPhone as well and don't know
what that is

Dale McPeters
04-16-2010, 12:57 PM
What is Tapatalk? I have an iPhone as well and don't know
what that is
It helps when browsing with Safari on the I-Phone you are not constantly shrinking and stretching the screen. Do a search on I-Tunes they have a free & pay version of it for down load.

Dale McPeters
04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh and by the way it does not cost anything to activate in vbulletin (for the mods).
I have it setup for the corral & modularfords website and it works very well...:D

TheJeanyus
04-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm trying to read the posts in this thread, but it just looks like "NNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" to me. :jester:

Maybe it's just my iPhone envy. :D **** you, AT&T. :puke:

Sendero
04-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Anybody know if the I-Phone Tapatalk for vbulletin is enabled on the forum?
If not can it be enabled so that I am able to use it...

I looked at it on the pre-release version and at that time it was pretty :eric:. Looks like they changed their minds though, I might have to load this thing.

It now supports Android too. TheJeanyus... :jester:

TheJeanyus
04-16-2010, 02:02 PM
It now supports Android too. TheJeanyus... :jester:
Not until November...wife says no new phones until then. :banghead:

Sendero
04-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Not until November...wife says no new phones until then. :banghead:

You know what you have too do... :jester:

http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/dc2eb678b0e2a6d8cbd958ad1de459f0/SDPX2003103101-SAN-DIEGO-ZOO-GIRAFFE-BUFFALO.jpg

Dale McPeters
04-16-2010, 02:10 PM
We get good service out here with AT&T.....:D
It says that it supports the Android's now on their website unless I just misread it.....:p

And yes it is neerrrdddddyyyyy.....:lol:

(as I type this on my I-Phone)

TheJeanyus
04-16-2010, 02:15 PM
:rofl:

She didn't give me any shit when I bought a Corvette, nor when I bought an Omega watch, nor does she when I buy guns on a whim and tell her about it after the fact...so I can deal with the cell phone thing. :D

QWKSNKE
04-17-2010, 01:48 PM

http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/dc2eb678b0e2a6d8cbd958ad1de459f0/SDPX2003103101-SAN-DIEGO-ZOO-GIRAFFE-BUFFALO.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

Dale McPeters
04-21-2010, 07:14 AM
What did you guy's decide about the tapatalk feature?

I am on the internet more on my I-Phone than my computer here lately so it would really help.....:D

Sendero
04-21-2010, 12:00 PM
What did you guy's decide about the tapatalk feature?

I am on the internet more on my I-Phone than my computer here lately so it would really help.....:D

If it's truly free then I don't see why not. Now, finding the time to sit down and install it will be an issue.

Dale McPeters
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
If it's truly free then I don't see why not. Now, finding the time to sit down and install it will be an issue.

You sound like me running all the time anymore............:(

Dale McPeters
05-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Hmmmmmm.......:D

Dale McPeters
06-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Help I am having I-Phone eye-das...........:jester:

Sendero
06-14-2010, 01:26 PM
I played with this a good bit and demo'd it on a few other sites. A few gripes:

There's a "free" version of the app and a $2.99 version app. While $2.99 is cheap in relative terms, it's also a little above average on app cost. But this biggest gripe is the "free" version spams you with pop-ups prompting you to buy the paid version.
If you access a forum that has Tapatalk loaded and you don't have the app installed it throws up this annoying pop-up every time you return to the main forum page. Initially I thought this only happened for iPhones, but it's happening on Crackberrys too judging from reports on the 'net. If I don't want the pop-ups I can't opt out of them, which makes me not want to buy their software.
PHP 5.2.2 was released in the first part of May. The server this forum resides on runs this version of PHP. Talkatalk doesn't work with PHP 5.2.2 (currently).

I'll revisit this in a few weeks to see if they have fixed the 5.2.2 issues, but the pop-ups are almost a dealbreaker for me.

Dale McPeters
06-14-2010, 02:02 PM
I played with this a good bit and demo'd it on a few other sites. A few gripes:

There's a "free" version of the app and a $2.99 version app. While $2.99 is cheap in relative terms, it's also a little above average on app cost. But this biggest gripe is the "free" version spams you with pop-ups prompting you to buy the paid version.
If you access a forum that has Tapatalk loaded and you don't have the app installed it throws up this annoying pop-up every time you return to the main forum page. Initially I thought this only happened for iPhones, but it's happening on Crackberrys too judging from reports on the 'net. If I don't want the pop-ups I can't opt out of them, which makes me not want to buy their software.
PHP 5.2.2 was released in the first part of May. The server this forum resides on runs this version of PHP. Talkatalk doesn't work with PHP 5.2.2 (currently).

I'll revisit this in a few weeks to see if they have fixed the 5.2.2 issues, but the pop-ups are almost a dealbreaker for me.

Thanks Snedero....
I use the $2.99 version anyway so I do not have that problem.
If you do not want to install it after you have looked at it later that is fine.
I am planning on buying an I-Pad later anyway so I can thether my I-phone or what ever I need to do and use Safari..

Sendero
06-15-2010, 07:14 AM
I like the software and since I carry an iPhone it would be muy useful. Its just a little annoying how they spam everyone else who doesn't use their software. :(