PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Tuned with EFI Live

EZ SPEED
06-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Slowly over the past two and a half years I have been adding little modifications to my truck to get it where I could get a REAL tune, not just the little BullyDog tuner I been using.

Finally yesterday I went to Georgia Diesel and had my truck tuned with EFI Live. First pull we baselined the truck with the BullyDog tune set on the highest setting. It dynoed 387rwhp and 682 rwtq. Then we removed the BullyDog tuning and loaded in the EFI Live files and made 527rwhp / 840rwtq !! This truck is an animal now!! Should run high 12's in the 1/4 mile now. Not bad for a Crew Cab 4x4 that weighs about 7600#'s :jester:

During the datalogging on the dyno we saw that my CP3 pump (engine driven fuel pump) is a little low, so I will be replacing it and re-tuning in the fall and should see 550rwhp and very close to 900 rwtq. That will complete what I set out to accomplish with my truck. I am still getting around 20.5 MPG in town and 23-26 on the Interstate depending upon the speed I run.

Just in case you were wondering what kind of mods it had before the tune, here is a list:

Blocked EGR
Banks hot side intercooler pipe
LBZ mouthpiece
Modified stock airbox
Air Dog 2 – 165 Lift pump
PPE race Fuel valve
MBRP Turbo Downpipe
Diamond Eye 4” Exhaust
Suncoast Stage V transmission and 1056 Converter

rtusnake
06-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Great numbers. I didn't know diesels get that kind of mpg either. Going to take it to the track any?

ncontt
06-06-2010, 08:29 AM
that's pretty badass!!!

TheJeanyus
06-06-2010, 10:06 AM
527rwhp / 840rwtq

20.5 MPG in town and 23-26 on the Interstate
Man I should have bought a Duramax. :doh:

EZ SPEED
06-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks Guys! Yeah i plan on taking it to the track sometime..maybe this fall. I installed the tie rod sleeves and pit/idler braces last summer so that I could take it to the track and do 4 wheel drive boosted launches :jester:

rtusnake
06-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks Guys! Yeah i plan on taking it to the track sometime..maybe this fall. I installed the tie rod sleeves and pit/idler braces last summer so that I could take it to the track and do 4 wheel drive boosted launches :jester:

There is alot of guys that need to invest in this mod. Some of those launches look ugly

EZ SPEED
06-07-2010, 07:04 AM
There is alot of guys that need to invest in this mod. Some of those launches look ugly

Yeah..wheel wobble from hell !!

coupe
06-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Impressive! They definitely have the nicest turbos of the "big 3" diesel trucks. I have a bolton turbo upgrade sitting on the shelf at my supply warehouse but doesn't sound like you need it.

QWKSNKE
06-07-2010, 10:23 AM
NICE!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know diesels get that kind of mpg either.

I think Eric has a 'magic' truck. I have yet to talk to anyone that owns a Duramax that gets that kind of mileage. I tell customers at the store about Eric's truck economy and they don't believe me.

EZ SPEED
06-11-2010, 06:58 AM
NICE!!!!!!!!!

I think Eric has a 'magic' truck. I have yet to talk to anyone that owns a Duramax that gets that kind of mileage. I tell customers at the store about Eric's truck economy and they don't believe me.

Most of the ones that say that dont have a tune or exhaust. thats what makes the difference. tell them to get on the Duramax Fourms and there are tons of "Magical" trucks on there..LMAO