PDA

View Full Version : 275/60/15 drag radials

tayzoid1
06-26-2010, 01:17 PM
i have the mt et street radial under my car. ive researched these tires on foxes and 90% of the people say you can fit under the factory wheel well, some even say you can fit them with the quad shock still in place. well i have megabite jr lowers and factory uppers and springs on a greg weld 15/9 wheel and mine rubbed so bad i couldnt drive it, ive finally got most of it out, it still rubbs backing up very slightly, and when i hit bumps evenly like a dip across the road. doesnt scrub if i hit it on just one side. any ideas? ive beat the innner well and rolled the outer lip

QWKSNKE
06-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Where is it scrubbing at?

coupe
06-26-2010, 04:31 PM
255/60-15 is a good alternative. Still a pretty big tire and MT makes it.

tayzoid1
06-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Where is it scrubbing at?
lol everywhere it can, i had to beat both inner fenders with a huuugge sledge for about an hour a peice with a 315 lbs duye slingin the hammer, then i hit a small bump and the outside lip sliced the tire pretty good and had to roll the shit out of the lips lol they are under there now, and barely scrubbing when i hit certain things. but damn lol everything i read on the internet about this stuff said they would go on fine lol

BLOWN95GT
06-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Sell them to me.

tayzoid1
06-27-2010, 02:28 PM
lol nahh they are already on the car! and they hook great when they are heated up otherwise i was still pullin the same 60's on these as i was street tires lol

yellowSVT
07-02-2010, 07:19 PM
wanna trade call me! offer still stands!

tayzoid1
07-06-2010, 04:57 PM
nahh i like my skinnies too much ill buy some if i can get this new job.

yellowSVT
07-07-2010, 09:01 AM
ok remember i have two sets.

tayzoid1
07-07-2010, 03:25 PM
lol ok then thanks country

88mmrocket
07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
they fit on my car, quads removed, beat inners and rolled lip a little. does not rub at all. i have a 15x10 with 6.5 bs. It sits pretty low, I don't think it is low enough! They fit... jack it up and paint the inner well. drive car for a short trip to see where it rubs, "correct" the problem spots! i have the Wolfe kit under my car ...just fyi.

Pic of the turd.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/AngryAsian_77/DSC01928-2.jpg

Wickd GT
07-09-2010, 06:20 AM
If you have the factory suspension on it still, they are going to rub no matter how much you beat on it. The factory suspension moves around a lot, side to side, over a bump, taking a tight curve. Put some good suspension, like upr upper and lowers with the poly bushings and it keeps the suspension tight. My Son's car was doing this until we put the rear suspension from UPR, no more issues.

Edgar

88mmrocket
07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
If you have the factory suspension on it still, they are going to rub no matter how much you beat on it. The factory suspension moves around a lot, side to side, over a bump, taking a tight curve. Put some good suspension, like upr upper and lowers with the poly bushings and it keeps the suspension tight. My Son's car was doing this until we put the rear suspension from UPR, no more issues.

Edgar

yeppers!

Wolfe Solids baby!!!!

tayzoid1
07-09-2010, 12:07 PM

Edgar
mine has megabite jr lowers and boxed factory uppers. and my rear sits atleast an inach and a half lower than yours in the pic lolill try to post one up

tayzoid1
07-09-2010, 12:12 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc59/tayzoid1/Photo0045.jpg

Wickd GT
07-09-2010, 01:06 PM
mine has megabite jr lowers and boxed factory uppers. and my rear sits atleast an inach and a half lower than yours in the pic lolill try to post one up

Those factory boxed uppers got to go, that is what keeps the rear end steady, them bushings are to soft. Replace them with poly ones if on a budget and put the solid bushings on the top of rear end. Are the megabites jr's on the first set of holes or second set, meaning bottom holes will lower the car top holes will keep it at the stock height. When I had these before I had them on the stock height holes. Here is a picture before my car was mini tub with a set of M/T drag radials 275/60 15 on a 9" rim. I drove it on the street and never rub anywhere, meaning after I use the BFH!!

Edgar

tayzoid1
07-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Those factory boxed uppers got to go, that is what keeps the rear end steady, them bushings are to soft. Replace them with poly ones if on a budget and put the solid bushings on the top of rear end. Are the megabites jr's on the first set of holes or second set, meaning bottom holes will lower the car top holes will keep it at the stock height. When I had these before I had them on the stock height holes. Here is a picture before my car was mini tub with a set of M/T drag radials 275/60 15 on a 9" rim. I drove it on the street and never rub anywhere, meaning after I use the BFH!!

Edgar
hmm. idk edgar. i didnt know you could adjust them. ill def look tomm thankls! maybe i can get her to hook a lil better and get this damn drivline vibration out. what hle am i looking for exactly? ive never seen anything that can be adjusted on them. but then again never really looked at them hard. i didnt install them lol

Wickd GT
07-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Here is apicture of a set of Mega bite J.R.'s. If they have been mounted right, the bracket that goes in the lower control brackes of the rear end have four holes, look at the bottom left of the pictures, that mounts to the rear end and then the control arms will be installed either the bottom holes or top holes, look for that or take a picture of your set up and post it here.

Edgar

tayzoid1
07-11-2010, 01:14 AM
yea i looked last night and saw that they had the two holes and the setup i just havent crawled under mine to change them i really need to put solib bushings in the whole darn thing. maybe it will cure my drivline vibration. if its set on the "drag setting" but ill have to get some time loo get the car in the air and look i tried to real quick today and i cant see what hole they are mounted in without jackin the car up

TheJeanyus
07-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Solid bushings are not going to cure any vibration. Soft rubber bushings will hide vibrations (that's the reason they are used), but solid bushings will transmit them all directly to the car.

EHardy1971
07-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Solid bushings are not going to cure any vibration. Soft rubber bushings will hide vibrations (that's the reason they are used), but solid bushings will transmit them all directly to the car.
:agree: Your vibration could be a dinged drive shaft, pinion angle, u-joint, etc. Best bet on that is to get it up on stands, get under it, and work from front to rear, checking everything. I've seen undercoating overspray get on a drive shaft before, and cause a bad vibration.

tayzoid1
07-12-2010, 10:39 AM
:agree: Your vibration could be a dinged drive shaft, pinion angle, u-joint, etc. Best bet on that is to get it up on stands, get under it, and work from front to rear, checking everything. I've seen undercoating overspray get on a drive shaft before, and cause a bad vibration.
lol i know they wont cure vibrations what i am meaning is the position of my lower control arms may have thown my opinion angle out of wack because i have factory uppers with the megabite jr lowers. i was meaning i wanted solib bushings because its an upgrade from what is on the car now. lol. and eric i changed out the driveshaft and all ujoints a couple of months back from the factory steel to an fms aluminum unit.with the tko swap 31 spline yoke, so im gonna assume until nothing else fixed it that the drive shaft is good.....hopefully lol when i did change it out they vibration was so much less noticable but still there. so, like i stated above im thinking that its the lowers set on kill mode and still having the factory uppers throwing my angle off.ill know here soon :)

rtusnake
07-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Need some adjustable uppers to get your pinion angle right. If you do solid bushings, better weld the torque boxes up and box em.

tayzoid1
07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Need some adjustable uppers to get your pinion angle right. If you do solid bushings, better weld the torque boxes up and box em.
yeah i need to do that anyway foreal