PDA

View Full Version : Here is the build up, of Cheo's car...

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:21 AM
My Son and I started his project on 31 July. The hot and Cold side are from Pony Down stage 2 (thanks Jeff). The turbo is from super natural turbo.com, (thanks Matt and Reed). Is a Turbonetics 72mm with a .81 housing. The motor is a 347 from CHP all forge in a stock block. Out of the box Twisted wedge heads, 1.6 scorpion r.r. Edelbrock RPM II intake and a Engle cam. Tranny is a built AOD with shift Kit and 3.73 gears. Throttle body is 70mm. Here is what we got beside what I just mention above. 42lbs FMS injectors, 255ltr in tank fuel pump, 80 mm mass air with the matching tube for the 42 lbs. Autometer Vac/ boost gauge. AEM A/F wide band, extenison for the Mass air wiring, Tranny cooler with braided -6 line and all supporting miscellaneous to support the turbo. Sent the converter back to PTC to have re done for the turbo combination. Will be here tomorrow. Here are pictures of what we have done so far.

First, we started loosing up the tranny and getting ready to pull the engine. Once the engine was out I took the heads off and replace the head gasket with Cometics and had the return oil bunge welded.

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:23 AM
Next I did a 1.5 hole to pass through the wiring for the mass inside the fender.

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Then next, we took the front nose off and then my Son started to paint the engine bay and detail it. I trim the passenger and driver side sway bar mount, better do it now than with the engine in it.

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Next we mock up the inter cooler and cold side to see how it fits and where I'm going to put the tranny cooler which I already know where to put it.

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:30 AM
With the motor done we mocked up the headers with the cross over and the turbo to see how it fits and where to rotate the front housing and rear housing. Then I change the end of the plugs from straight boots to 90* so I can put them under the headers. Once all this done and I was pretty satisfied with what we have done, then we went inside to put the 3 gauge pod and wire the gauges. I will post more pictures when we get the motor back in and then I'll post pictures when we put on the headers etc.

Edgar

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Here an update. We mounted the headers the turbo everything was going smooth and Bang!! Crossover pipe is about 1/2 short, if I put it on one side and clamp it, the other side will not reach,if I put them both slowing and pulling the flex tube it can reach but 1/4" to short, I even busted a t bolt. Now I'm getting piss. So I leave that alone and start on the pipe coming from the back of the turbo to join the down pipe, well guess what damn thing is about 2.5 to short. When I put the exhaust band clamp it has that big gap, if I try to get it closer the pipe coming from the turbo it hits the back of the header and the bell housing. Next thing, the cold pipe coming from the intake to join the mass behind the fender well will not reach. I have cut the hole pretty mush and needs to be cut more. I don't know if I want to do that cause almost will join the factory hole from the air box. So any suggestions anyone can give. My Son and I spent a lot of money and this thing is not bolting like it suppose to I guess. By the way headers don't even have the copper gaskets on so imaging putting those on, then the cross over pipe will be almost 3/4 to short. Here are the pictures.

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:37 AM
More pictures. Here you can see inside the down pipe how far they are from each other. The way I have it set up works perfect but if I leave like this is going to leak because this band clamp does not seal all the way.

Edgar

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:40 AM
More updates. Today I worked on the inter cooler brackets, build the -10 braided line for the return line. I hooked up the cross over to get a better picture. Worked on the nose of the car to cutting the strips on the bottom of the nose so it can clear the inter cooler. Tomorrow I'll build some brackets so I can install the tranny cooler in between the radiator and the intercooler.

Edgar

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:57 AM
We work last night on cutting the cross over and add about an inch. Carlos and Fernando came over and tack weld the down pipe but need to work more on it to get it to clear the bell housing and the frame. So today we will work on it more to get it right. We added about two inches to the intake pipe which now matches the mass air perfect. I still need to fab some brackets for the tranny cooler.

Edgar

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 05:58 AM
And here is how is looking so far.

coupe
08-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I know you're hitting some tiny roadblocks in this build... but you won't care once you feel that boost come on in that thing. It's gonna be insane. Keep it conservative because it's more than enough to split the block!

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 08:08 AM
I know you're hitting some tiny roadblocks in this build... but you won't care once you feel that boost come on in that thing. It's gonna be insane. Keep it conservative because it's more than enough to split the block!

It has a 5.80 psi spring in the waste gate. So I'm looking for about 450-475 hp and about the same on torque once the tune is done. I want it safe until Cheo can afford a 4 main block.

Edgar

1Quik85GT
08-17-2010, 09:58 AM
looks good Edgar

Wickd GT
08-17-2010, 09:14 PM
We worked on the cross over pipe tonight and now it sits perfect. The pipe from the intake to the mass air, with the added 2" to the end of the pipe is perfect. We still can't figure out how to get the down pipe right, so it won't hit. We will work on it tomorrow again. A friend of mine brought his welding machine and he went to town with it, he, he. Couple of pictures.

Edgar

coupe
08-18-2010, 07:51 AM
We still can't figure out how to get the down pipe right, so it won't hit. Gotta use the Ford tool:

http://phoenixwoman.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/big-hammer.jpg

Wickd GT
08-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Gotta use the Ford tool:

http://phoenixwoman.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/big-hammer.jpg

Do you know that is exactly what Carlos said to do!! I told him, as much money we have spent on this, do you think I'm going to put a dent on this son of a gun. Hell not, unless we ran out of ideas then the BFH! comes in.

Edgar

QWKSNKE
08-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Looks good!!

StAnGfReeK
08-18-2010, 11:24 PM
looking good

Wickd GT
08-19-2010, 05:20 AM
We work on the tranny cooler and brackets. Put the wast gate, tighten all the t bolt clamps, put on the turbo feeding line. Need to extend the wiring harness to reach the mass and figure out were to relocate the carbon canister from the tank. Once we get the down pipe figure out and welded is just to put in fluids, and fire her up.

Edgar

Wickd GT
08-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Got the down pipe welded and cleared everything. Now is to build the tranny lines from the tranny to the tranny cooler. Then put the radiator and everything else. We are going to change the tranny fluid and filter while we at it. Here are more pictures.

Edgar

EZ SPEED
08-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Build is looking great !!

Wickd GT
08-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks guys. Almost there. Got oil in it, put the distributor and spark plug cables. Finish the lines from the tranny to the cooler. I decided to go ahead and change the tranny fluid so that will be finish today too. Then hook up the vacuum lines from the wast gate and BOV and hopefully fire her by this afternoon.

Edgar

Dale McPeters
08-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Looking good Edgar!!

QWKSNKE
08-21-2010, 04:02 PM
:nice:

Wickd GT
08-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Well finished everything today. Only thing to do is wait until the y pipe gets here. More pictures and "FIRE IN THE HOLE" video.

Edgar

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/wickdgt/?action=view&current=Cheosturbostartup.mp4

86GTPONY
08-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Great job there Edgar! :metal:

coupe
08-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Sounds awesome. I don't think you or Cheo fully understand what you're getting into.

It's gonna be fast.

ncontt
08-22-2010, 03:05 PM
It's gonna be fast.
:yup:

Wickd GT
08-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Done putting it together, waiting on the Y pipe. We even clay magic it.

EHardy1971
08-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Looks good! I like the sleeper look, of course when everybody HEARS it, they're gonna know something ain't stock.:jester:

Wickd GT
08-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Here is a little testing. The chip that's in the computer is for N/A and is fighting the timing I take out and the extra fuel I give it, the chip leans it. So we taking it easy until we can get it tune.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/wickdgt/?action=view&current=cheotestingthecar.mp4

BeachBoy
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
That's some serious kind of sweeeeeeeeet!

Got my attention.

Wickd GT
09-04-2010, 01:44 PM
We got the exhaust done today at Enterprise Muffler shop, thanks Jerry. Here are some pictures and a video. If you notice I had the down pipe be join as a slip on and put two tabs and welded so it will not slide out. This will keep everything in place. Car is really a sleeper now very quiet. Next Friday getting it tune at XXX Motorsports in Pensacola FL. Brad will be tuning it. If you notice had to add to the pony down Y pipe, everything was short on this exhaust.

Edgar

Wickd GT
09-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Finished Product...

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/wickdgt/?action=view&current=Exhausthookedup.mp4

coupe
09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Me gusta mucho! :nice:

Wickd GT
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Took the nose off to put the MSD Box. Check the picture out. Car fire right on the first try.

Edgar

EZ SPEED
09-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Great idea. I put one on the inner fender of the 95 Cobra I had.

CrimsonRacing
09-07-2010, 06:09 PM
We mounted mine directly under the drivers seat for ease of access and to make sure there was no heat soak at all.........

Just my 2 cents..............

:metal:

ncontt
09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
love it...I'm in the process of mocking all my cold side up with the new silicone connectors and the new T-bolt clamps. Looks and sounds awesome!