PDA

View Full Version : i got me a cam what do yall think

swammi
02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
i got me a crane 440661 flat tappet cam its a .536 intake lift with a .560 exhaust list duration @50 is 238/248 and advertised duration is 296/304 do yall think i will have any problems running this in my windsor setup . it is a d9 (79 model) with stock crank and rods its balanced and bored .040 over with dished pistons i got a set of pro comp 190 cc 2.02 1.60 valves a performer rpm airgap intake a quck fuel q650p carb bbk long tubes with 3.73 in the rear im not racing it just playin and joyriding with it. whats yalls thoughts?

EHardy1971
02-13-2011, 09:06 PM
You shouldn't have any valve clearance problems, but it never hurts to clay it. Sounds like it should be a pretty fun combo.

coupe
02-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a nice combo. I think it'll work, but of course you should still check clearance. :nice:

waypastcrazy
02-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Depends on what type of dish piston the 1.9 valves clear good not sure on the 2.02 if is is trough type dish it not the lift its the valve size to be concerned with but even so its a easy fix.sounds like a fun deal maybe even go a little deeper on gears lol have fun.:burnout:

SMOKNSS
02-14-2011, 01:43 PM
You shouldn't have any valve clearance problems, but it never hurts to clay it. Sounds like it should be a pretty fun combo.

Sounds like a nice combo. I think it'll work, but of course you should still check clearance. :nice:

THIS^^^

I always check PTV.... even if everyone swears it will clear. Better to be safe than sorry and with PTV (especially if its a manual car) you will be sorry if the valve(s) hit the piston(s).

Good luck with it.

kraker790
02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
THIS^^^

I always check PTV.... even if everyone swears it will clear. Better to be safe than sorry and with PTV (especially if its a manual car) you will be sorry if the valve(s) hit the piston(s).

Good luck with it.
I may give this man here hell, but hes a good mechanic... Thats about all u can trust that comes outta his mouth... the rest is usuall :bs:... lol

jonosranger
02-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I may give this man here hell, but hes a good mechanic... Thats about all u can trust that comes outta his mouth... the rest is usuall :bs:... lol
i will agree with that :jester::jester:

SMOKNSS
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM

i will agree with that :jester::jester:

:lol:

I appreciate that guys/

John knows Im the shit!!! I bet that Transmission we put together is STILL running.:jester:

Everyone knows I only speak the truth... just ask me what mods the Camaro has... :)

rtusnake
02-17-2011, 03:17 PM

Lmao, he has you tricked :qkdouche:

SMOKNSS
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Lmao, he has you tricked :qkdouche:
:lol:

Michael, its okay.... just pour out the haterade.