PDA

View Full Version : IRS brakes.

SvoBrown
02-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Looking for a bracket for the IRS rear so I can put my svo calipers on with my svo rear disc. To me this will be a upgrade from the irs rear calipers that are very small. SVO BIG!
Does anyone know what I am looking for. I may have to make it myself. Just a little offset and the bolt hole patten to match so it should be easy.

QWKSNKE
02-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Are the OEM SVO discs bigger?

Craig K.
02-15-2011, 08:36 PM
As i recalli have a set of lincoln lsc mk8 (same as SVO) rear disk brakets and cliper cores (maybe rotors too), this might help allow you to fab up what you want without distroying a fully functional set.
PM and let me know if you might want them (would let them go very cheap) plus I might be making a road trip that way soon and I could drop them off.

As far as size, SVO rotor thickness is larger, but SVT diameter is larger

SvoBrown
02-16-2011, 03:08 AM
Also the svo has twice the brake pad size, compared to the cobra. And my master cylinder does not work well with the small caliber. It takes more pressure to lock up the rear brake with the smaller piston. I will put some pictures of the 2 up.
All I can find is upgrade brakes to cobra on the rear even tho they are smaller calipers.
I have 2 sets of brakes for the svo to work with. I just have to get down to the shop and measure some.

SvoBrown
02-16-2011, 03:22 AM
This is off a bmw z3 for road racing. I like the idea!