PDA

View Full Version : Any CMR dealers on the site?

Dale McPeters
03-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Well since the tuning options for our Chellenger SRT8 seems to be so limited I am thinking very seriuosly about buying the dealer package from Diablo aka Mike Weasly. For the SRT8 cars.

Anybody on the site that is alreay a dealer and can give some insight on what kind of paper work is involved?

EHardy1971
03-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Does SCT make anything for the Challenger's Dale? I mentioned Diablosport back about a year ago when I was starting to seriously reasearch/shop for a Lightning. QWKSNKE and a couple of other members recommended SCT instead, because nobody around here tunes with their software, and SCT has better customer support. Granted, I was really in the dark on tuning options before I got the L, and read that a Diablo tune would unlock about 100 hp in my truck. Now that I've read up on tuning, I know a lot more than I did. I'm not completely in the dark anymore, but still in the shadows. Does anybody in your area deal with Diablosport? :shrug: From what I've read on Mustang and Lightning forums, it seems to be one or the other depending on your area. I'm not going to say one is better than the other though, because from what I've read, both are pretty well liked, even though a few guys ditched their Diablo tuners for SCT's.

Dale McPeters
03-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Eric,
I talked to Bob Kurgan today and it is all taken care of...;)

And no SCT is crap for the Mopar stuff as they do not not have the later DCX boxes down pat yet. Bob even uses Diablo's CMR software on the Dodge Challengers or Mopar cars.

He also gave me a heck of a deal on a blower for the 6.1 SRT8...:D

And on a side note SCT is still good for the Ford stuff and HP Tuners for the chebbies...;)

And of course Moates for the early mustangs as it has the best datalogging.

EHardy1971
03-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Ok, cool.:nice: Yeah, if you're dealing with Bob, then you're in very good hands.:D

Dale McPeters
03-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Ok, cool.:nice: Yeah, if you're dealing with Bob, then you're in very good hands.:D

Yep Bob has treated me right on everything that I have bought from him over the past 6-7 years...:nice:

coupe
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM
...And no, SCT is crap for the Mopar stuff as they do not not have the later DCX boxes down pat yet.

I just picked up an SCT X2 Calibrator and ProRacer software for the Viper...It has had mixed reviews, but that's the case with all aftermarket tuning solutions.

I'm shooting for 30mpg out of 8.0 Liters. :banana2:

Dale McPeters
03-15-2011, 11:07 PM
I just picked up an SCT X2 Calibrator and ProRacer software for the Viper...It has had mixed reviews, but that's the case with all aftermarket tuning solutions.

I'm shooting for 30mpg out of 8.0 Liters. :banana2:

SCT is ok on your year model Viper as they have those boxes mapped out fairly well... It's the new DCX boxes they are lacking on...

Bob & Joe both told me to stay with the Diablo CMR software for my '10 SRT8 6.1. I even looked at what Joe had available with SCT for mine and was not impressed. They may get there later but they are not there right now on mine...

I think the NGC4 (i think) is giving them fits....from what I've seen Mike Weasly's crüe is the only ones that is up to speed on them right now.

And what's this 30 miles per gallon crap....:lol:

EHardy1971
03-16-2011, 05:55 PM
And what's this 30 miles per gallon crap....:lol:
He's going to reset teh rev limiter to 2000 RPM's.:jester:

TheJeanyus
03-16-2011, 06:09 PM
It still wouldn't get 30 mpg unless it was 30 miles down a mountain with a tail wind. :rofl:

93cobra1928
03-20-2011, 09:42 AM

It still wouldn't get 30 mpg unless it was 30 miles down a mountain with a tail wind. :rofl:

No no no this will be 30mpg on the trailer :jester:

Dale McPeters
03-20-2011, 12:58 PM
No no no this will be 30mpg on the trailer :jester:

:spit: