PDA

View Full Version : Meguires Tech Wax

Craig K.
04-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I got a tip from a friend to try out the new Meguires Tech Wax along with micro fiber towels.

Wow this stuff is unreal.

I bought the liquid version (there is a paste available) at Wal-Mart for just under $14.00.
I bought micro fiber towels at Costco (16 for $9.00).

I waxed the Durango and about half the Mustang in only about 1 1/2 hours.

It spreads on very easy (comes with an applicator sponge) and wipes off even easier. The shine is unreal, it makes the paint look really deep, and wet. Almost like a new paint look. The color of the Durango really pops, and I think any color with lots of metalic would. The Mustang's black looks incredablly deep.

I would recommend this stuff to anyone

:banana:

Sendero
04-11-2005, 08:55 AM
:werd: Its all I use now!

SphyNxXx
04-11-2005, 03:50 PM
It does pretty good. Thats why I now use when I detail cars for customers, but on my personal cars, I still prefer Wolfgang products.

TheJeanyus
04-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah NXT is awesome - that's all I use on the Cobra. :bling:

FastRedPonyCar
04-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Yep. Been using it for a while now too. Need to wax teh RSX sometime soon. It's been since january since I bought tit.

I've also got the eagle one nano wax. It doesn't wipe off quite as clean as the NTX. There's just the slightest hint of the leftover junk but it's still soo much eaisier to remove than the traditional wax. I couldn't notice a difference between the end result of the two waxes.

BEHOLD!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/Mustangs/Tech_Waxd.jpg

SphyNxXx
04-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Yep. Been using it for a while now too. Need to wax teh RSX sometime soon. It's been since january since I bought tit.

I've also got the eagle one nano wax. It doesn't wipe off quite as clean as the NTX. There's just the slightest hint of the leftover junk but it's still soo much eaisier to remove than the traditional wax. I couldn't notice a difference between the end result of the two waxes.

Much of the end result of a detail job is the process used and the surface prep rather than the product. However, different products give different shines, have different longevity, and are easier to apply.

I did a detail for someone this weekend and used NXT. If you like NXT, I heavily suggest next time you detail to order the Wolfgang twins (paint polish and sealant) from www.wolfgangcarcare.com and try those over NXT. IMO it is drastically better. After getting used to Wolfgang, I found NXT difficult to apply (on a white car at least). Its just too expensive to use when I detail for money, so thats why I use NXT instead.

TheJeanyus
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Its just too expensive to use when I detail for money, so thats why I use NXT instead.
That's part of what I like about NXT. It's a cheap, 1 step process and my car looks awesome when I'm done. Yeah, there are products that shine a little better, but they either cost substantially more, take a lot more time, or both.

The best shine I've gotten was after a coat of NXT, let it sit for 24 hours, then use Quik Detailer, then add another coat of NXT. My car was so reflective you could see the texture of the pavement reflected in my door.

Craig K.
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
This past week while I was home, I talked my dad into letting me use the Tech Wax on his 2002 C5 (red metallic color), I also gave him a couple of my micro fiber towels to try out, it was incredable the effect of the wax!

After my dad did one wipe of the dried protect, he said he was sold on it.

GoldnGT
04-19-2005, 09:29 AM
I NXTed my car this past weekend as well after reading this thread.. omg.. so easy and looks just as good as when i've done the Meguiars 3 step (cleaner, polish wax) I'm sold on it for now.

Mike

SphyNxXx
04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
That's part of what I like about NXT. It's a cheap, 1 step process and my car looks awesome when I'm done. Yeah, there are products that shine a little better, but they either cost substantially more, take a lot more time, or both.

The best shine I've gotten was after a coat of NXT, let it sit for 24 hours, then use Quik Detailer, then add another coat of NXT. My car was so reflective you could see the texture of the pavement reflected in my door.

The Wolfgang I use is a 2 step process. I also recommend using a 2nd coat of the polish after waiting 24 hours, but it did cost me $40+ after shipping for a 16oz bottle of the paint polish and a 16oz bottle of the paint sealant. However, I have used the sealant on my car 2 times, my g/f's car, and dad's Z28 and it is still at least 3/4 full, so it goes a very long way.

Purple1995Pony
04-19-2005, 08:48 PM
I picked up the Meguires Tech paste last week and my wife used it on her 2 Monday, the laser red came out fantastic, most metallic I've seen one it before and the flames over white was sparkling.....nice stuff. $16.00 for the paste.

TheJeanyus
04-19-2005, 09:29 PM
I picked up the Meguires Tech paste last week and my wife used it on her 2 Monday, the laser red came out fantastic, most metallic I've seen one it before and the flames over white was sparkling.....nice stuff. $16.00 for the paste.
I'm getting the paste next time and giving it a shot - glad to hear that you liked it. I'll probably get the NXT detail spray after my regular Qwik Detailer runs out, too.

M1Speed
08-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm getting the paste next time and giving it a shot - glad to hear that you liked it. I'll probably get the NXT detail spray after my regular Qwik Detailer runs out, too.

The paste works just as well as the spray, thats what i used first. Now its just which one is on sale.

EZ SPEED
08-18-2005, 03:02 AM
It used to be Zaino or nothing for me....but back in September of last year I tried the NXT and will never go back to Zaino. Same or better shine....1/4 the work. :metal: :metal:

hevymtl
08-18-2005, 04:41 AM
I just wish I had an off day to wash my truck. :(

FastRedPonyCar
08-18-2005, 08:14 AM
^^ Same here. I get off work at 6 and am home about 20 minutes after that and it's usually getting dark by then :( Weekends are packed with doing stuff up in Bham for the wedding. I'd have to take a day off just to get the car washed....or mabey leave early...slip out like a ninja.

Shankin
08-18-2005, 08:27 AM
I use some stuff from presta! Its called fast wax and it works killer!