PDA

View Full Version : hello all new here

kamerman
10-23-2011, 03:03 PM
hey guys just signed up for the site and already got alot of good info :) i have a 1998 mustang v6 im looking to do some performance mods and make it a project car. i have been thinking about doing a motor swap or maybe just heads and some other NA stuff to make it faster. but anyways im looking to see if anyone on this site knows the name of this body kit?

not sure if the pic went in i guess we will see when i post lol :)

rtusnake
10-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Looks like a black widow body kit

kamerman
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM
yep thats it than alot man :) i would like to start talking about some mods i can do to my car that would be good. im thinking headers, duel exhaust, cold air intake, bored out, idk any ideas open to anything. even though about doing a motor swap to a cobra motor ( beacause i fell like i will run into limits as my motor is a v6).

ncontt
10-23-2011, 08:37 PM
I would def. do the motor swap, the money you would spend trying to get a V6 to go "fast" would basically pay for the V8 engine...

waypastcrazy
10-23-2011, 08:41 PM
WElCOME!

stangman
10-23-2011, 08:45 PM
welcome

kamerman
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
I would def. do the motor swap, the money you would spend trying to get a V6 to go "fast" would basically pay for the V8 engine...

yeah i have heard both ways. i would like to get a cobra motor in my car but ppl ahve told me that i will need to replace the back end and buy the motor and transmition and wire and mounts. they said it will cost about 8k or more just to do that. but i feel like for 8k i can make my car pretty damn fast like a good 150 200hp on what i have now? maybe im wrong.

kamerman
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
thanx guys im loving the site so far :) u guys are all great and full of info feel free to message me about anything :)

rtusnake
10-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Don't know what the guys do to make them quick. Nitrous always works :) A v8 swap would be the way to go though

SvoBrown
10-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Change to a 4 banger with a hair dryer!!!! Welcome to the site. Stang looks Good.

kamerman
10-24-2011, 12:40 PM
haha well they said if they put a tubro in it or supercharge it u spend about 5k and get like 315 hp (witch to me sounds like alot) and they said that if u do a motor swap its like 200hp but the motor swap i think is the way to go after doing weeks of research lol. ill post some pix of my mustang. (the on with the nice body kit isnt mine but i want mine to look like that ) SOON VERY SOON it will ;)

TheJeanyus
10-24-2011, 01:14 PM
There was a guy on our "old" forum with a Vortech on a V6 that made around 275 to the tires.

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything, but honestly you'd be better off selling it and buying a V8 car if you're trying to make it perform better. For the money you'd spend getting it up to stock V8 power you could sell it, buy a V8 car, and put a little into basic bolt-ons. Just my $0.02.

rtusnake
10-24-2011, 07:26 PM
^ Asshole :jester:

TheJeanyus
10-24-2011, 07:27 PM
:booty:

:jester:

QWKSNKE
10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
There was a guy on our "old" forum with a Vortech on a V6 that made around 275 to the tires.

I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything, but honestly you'd be better off selling it and buying a V8 car if you're trying to make it perform better. For the money you'd spend getting it up to stock V8 power you could sell it, buy a V8 car, and put a little into basic bolt-ons. Just my $0.02.

yep from a cost standpoint, you are correct

rtusnake
10-24-2011, 08:19 PM
^ Another asshole :jester:

QWKSNKE
10-24-2011, 11:23 PM
^ Another asshole :jester:

Live axle and auto wuss :shake:

:D :D

SlowJoe
10-25-2011, 08:05 AM
welcome

rtusnake
10-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Live axle and auto wuss :shake:

:D :D

I know :(

Doc_G
10-25-2011, 10:23 AM
haha well they said if they put a tubro in it or supercharge it u spend about 5k and get like 315 hp (witch to me sounds like alot) and they said that if u do a motor swap its like 200hp but the motor swap i think is the way to go after doing weeks of research lol. ill post some pix of my mustang. (the on with the nice body kit isnt mine but i want mine to look like that ) SOON VERY SOON it will ;)

www.3.7mustang.com (http://www.3.7mustang.com)
www.v6power.net (http://www.v6power.net)
the v6 mustang enthusiast's 2 best friends.

I've done a supercoupe swap on my old 95 sixxer. I ended up with 277 rwhp and 318 rwtq through a set of home ported heads and blower, custom cam, roller rockers, long tubes, and a J-Modded AODE.

After adding a 75 shot (for intake cooling purposes :D ) I dyno'd @ 335 rwhp and 375 rwtq. I do not know if I still have the dyno sheets, but the car was a blast to drive (for the little time I owned it afterwards) and put more than one heavy chevy to shame, along w/some mustangs and chargers/magnums.

Being that you're split port (as opposed to single port 94-95's) you have MANY options that were not open to me. I was into my engine and tranny set up for around 1500.00 not counting tuning. ALOT of people will tell you that the 7.5 rear is junk. Mine held up fine, but I will say it was already built when I got the car. It had a set of Ford Racing 3:73's, install kit and rear end girdle.

This time, I'm just going to swap in a v8. For around the same price, I'll have similar results with MUCH more potential.

In summary it's all in what you want to do.

kamerman
10-26-2011, 02:03 AM

yeah i have been talking 2 a few ppl now and researching for a whial now and i agree with you if i had a baller job and the $ i would keep my v6 for the fun of having to tune alot more (motor swap) but i am probably going to sell my mustang and buy a gt. not sure what yr yet :)

kamerman
10-26-2011, 02:07 AM
www.3.7mustang.com (http://www.3.7mustang.com)
www.v6power.net (http://www.v6power.net)
the v6 mustang enthusiast's 2 best friends.

I've done a supercoupe swap on my old 95 sixxer. I ended up with 277 rwhp and 318 rwtq through a set of home ported heads and blower, custom cam, roller rockers, long tubes, and a J-Modded AODE.

After adding a 75 shot (for intake cooling purposes :D ) I dyno'd @ 335 rwhp and 375 rwtq. I do not know if I still have the dyno sheets, but the car was a blast to drive (for the little time I owned it afterwards) and put more than one heavy chevy to shame, along w/some mustangs and chargers/magnums.

Being that you're split port (as opposed to single port 94-95's) you have MANY options that were not open to me. I was into my engine and tranny set up for around 1500.00 not counting tuning. ALOT of people will tell you that the 7.5 rear is junk. Mine held up fine, but I will say it was already built when I got the car. It had a set of Ford Racing 3:73's, install kit and rear end girdle.

This time, I'm just going to swap in a v8. For around the same price, I'll have similar results with MUCH more potential.

In summary it's all in what you want to do.

honestly sounds like ALOT of fun swapping out a motor and once its done knowing that u did it. but its just aot of time i dont have my car is my day driver and i just cant have my car down that long. so like i said i have decided to sell ill post some pix of my car and a price on here soon and tell me what you guys think. see if my car is even worth what i think it is :) thanx again guys alot of good info and helped me make a decision :banana:

97turbocobra
10-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Welcome

yellowSVT
11-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Welcome!

EHardy1971
11-03-2011, 10:52 PM
:welcome: And whoever told you that doing a V8 swap runs $8 grand must've been pricing all brand new stuff from FRPP. I've done a few V8 swaps, and they're nowhere NEAR that expensive.