PDA

View Full Version : Headlamps minus the rice.

Sendero
04-12-2005, 12:10 PM
I am in dire need of replacing my headlights (the bulbs) and my foglight (bulbs too). The stock bulbs are a little dim for my taste considering whats out on the road today. I am looking for something sort of like the Focus with a retina burning low beam and arc-welder high beam light output.

Big pre-req ahead:

I DON'T WANT A BLUE TINT TO MY HEADLIGHTS! :fuss:

That is so annoying to me and it color washes most road signs. I want a nice crisp, bright, white light without having to retrofit Acura Lamps to my car. Anybody have experience with aftermarket bulbs that fit this criteria?

QWKSNKE
04-12-2005, 12:16 PM
sylvania silverstars is what you want..trust me

Scothew
04-12-2005, 12:28 PM
I was running the Eaglelight bulbs from http://www.showparts.com for the longest in my cobra and GT. They had a slight blue tint to them if looking at them from an angle, but was pure white when behind the wheel. I ran the 50w fog lights, which caused problems with one of my housings on the cobra. It got hot enough to bubble the lense so i have to replace it.

I was running the 80w/100w on the headlights and have never had a problem, but I remember some guys on SN having problems with the wiring harness melting :(

slvrbullit
04-12-2005, 01:22 PM
sylvania silverstars is what you want..trust me

I agree the silverstars are damn good bulbs. I have them in my work truck and I get the ole high beam flash with them on low all the time, then I give them the real high beams and they quite flashing me. :metal:

coupe
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
APC has a white one (no kidding). It's cheaper than silverstar & doesn't last as long, but it looks pretty good. Definitely not blue.

DSkeet
04-12-2005, 03:33 PM
I have Silverstar's in my GT, in my 4 Runner I have PIAA Xtreme white plus in headlights and fog lights, I like the PIAA a little more, very slight blue tint but they look great! Silverstar's run anywhere from 30-40 a pair, the PIAA's are somewhere around 60-75 a pair but in my opinion the PIAA's are well worth it!

FastRedPonyCar
04-15-2005, 08:36 AM
I had a pair of Solaris bulbs in the Stang. Lasted 3 years before one finally crapped out on me. VERY white, zero blue and really bright. I would drive next to cars with HID's on the interstate and it was crazy how similar they were. Not as intense but the color was nearly spot on.

EZ SPEED
04-15-2005, 09:46 AM
SILVERSTARS :metal:

FastRedPonyCar
04-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Do eet

http://www.autosupermart.com/store/shop/brands/solaris.html?id=ugztPzga

tacbear
04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Silver Stars are the $)!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :metal: