PDA

View Full Version : Air bag question

joker
04-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Ok, I may be wrong but it is my understanding that Both Lee and Edgar run airbags to help out thier suspension. My question is, what purpose does it serve, and how exactly do they work? Do you run them on both sides of the rear, or just one?

QWKSNKE
04-13-2005, 12:22 PM
We both run them on the passenger side. (Actually Edgar may run them on both sides :think: )

If you ever watch a car launch that hooks, you will see the car squat a lot harder on the passenger side rear tire (causing left front to unload or come up in the air) from the torque and chassis flex. The air bag helps counter act this and keep both rear tires planted so that you are leaving straight.

Italian LX
04-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Yeah, what he said.

It's essentially like putting a heavier spring on one side of the car.... except that it's a lot easier to bring the car back to street duty.

joker
04-13-2005, 12:34 PM
So how does the bag actually mount, and how do you adjust the amount
of air that is in the bag, or can it be adjusted?

Italian LX
04-13-2005, 12:39 PM
So how does the bag actually mount, and how do you adjust the amount
of air that is in the bag, or can it be adjusted?
It's basically a ballon that is stuffed in the inside of the spring and infflated within the coils. It has a hose that is routed into the passanger compartment so you can inflate it to your desired pressure depending on how stiff you want the spring to be.

joker
04-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Ok I understand now. Thnk you very much for the info :nice: