PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Ford PMS

donfordman30
05-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Does anyone here use an Anderson PMS system ? on there car? I'm looking to find someone tosend me the base tune that comes with the PMS. I hear they are all the same at start up and need help bad. Anyone plz.

QWKSNKE
05-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Unless something has changed, there isn't a base tune.

The PMS is not activated until the tps senses something close to WOT. PMS does NOT do anything for normal driving in a street car.

donfordman30
05-23-2012, 04:51 PM
When you buy the PMS new it comes with a base tune on it and you tweek it from there. That is what I am looking for. The generic that everyone gets with it.

QWKSNKE
05-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Mine did not come with anything that I recall.
Defintely the worst money I ever spent on my cobra

donfordman30
05-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Well thanks for the negative comment. Havent been here in 2 years cause everyone here seemed like douche bags. And after posting this i agree again. Just cause you dont understand something does not make it a bad investment.

93cobra1928
05-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't know why you are getting an attitude, QWK simply gave you his opinion and told you his experience with it. As far as understanding it goes, he is more than qualified.

If you don't like it here, don't let the door knob hit you in the ass on the way out.

TheJeanyus
05-24-2012, 01:11 PM
I guess someone giving you honest feedback on a product they actually used on their own car makes them a douchebag. If that's the case, yes this site is full of douchebags. :nice:

QWKSNKE
05-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Well thanks for the negative comment. Havent been here in 2 years cause everyone here seemed like douche bags. And after posting this i agree again. Just cause you dont understand something does not make it a bad investment.

Ok. Let me explain further.
I understood the tuner perfectly. Contact Rick at AFM to get a base tune. (if that is possible, I don't recall mine having the ability to hook up to a computer)

My negative comment was meant to help you as an end user out. Find something better such as a tweecer or quarterhorse setup. Those items are much better because you can tune for ALL driving conditions.

And yes I am still f'n bitter because I spent 900 f'n bucks on something that could not tune my car to drive to the damn store. Two months later I couldn't get 50 % of my money back on the market and I wish like hell somebody would have posted a negative comment and explained so I would not have bought it

SlowJoe
05-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Well put!!!!!

waypastcrazy
05-25-2012, 04:19 AM
I love being a douche bag.Only if me wifie is the only user tho. :jester:

9seccobra
05-25-2012, 08:53 AM
donfordman30,

Is this a 87-93? Is it a street car or race car?

FYI... Rick is no longer affiliated with Anderson Ford Motorsport. He left over a year ago to take the position of Midwest Sales Rep for Holley. He specializes in the Holley EFI stuff.

The PMS does not and has never shipped with a base tune. Since it is a piggy back system, the EEC will tend to learn around your tune when not in stand-alone mode, but most of this can be taken care of if you tune without the O2 sensors installed.

If the unit was purchased new, AFM should give you a base tune for your setup. If not, they will charge you ($50 I think). There is a pretty good site (http://www.stangtuning.net/) out there but not too active.

I have used a PMS on my '93 Cobra (street use from 1995-2001) and still use it for track only.

I can probably help you. Email me if you want. My email is at top of my website.

Marc

QWKSNKE
05-25-2012, 09:28 PM
donfordman30,

Is this a 87-93? Is it a street car or race car?

FYI... Rick is no longer affiliated with Anderson Ford Motorsport. He left over a year ago to take the position of Midwest Sales Rep for Holley. He specializes in the Holley EFI stuff.

The PMS does not and has never shipped with a base tune. Since it is a piggy back system, the EEC will tend to learn around your tune when not in stand-alone mode, but most of this can be taken care of if you tune without the O2 sensors installed.

If the unit was purchased new, AFM should give you a base tune for your setup. If not, they will charge you ($50 I think). There is a pretty good site (http://www.stangtuning.net/) out there but not too active.

I have used a PMS on my '93 Cobra (street use from 1995-2001) and still use it for track only.

I can probably help you. Email me if you want. My email is at top of my website.

Marc

Hey Marc. Is your number still the same? I thought of calling you a few weeks back.
Since Rick is no longer there, is the AFM store still in business? (cams, power pipes, etc)

9seccobra
05-26-2012, 10:23 AM
PM'd you my new number, Lee.

Yes, AFM is still in business, selling their parts. Brian Koestner is the man now.

EHardy1971
05-27-2012, 10:21 PM
PM'd you my new number, Lee.

Yes, AFM is still in business, selling their parts. Brian Koestner is the man now.
:yup: Yep, I was just on the site looking at 2V modular cams.