PDA

View Full Version : Should I give the C&L Meter another try?

Sendero
04-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Well, I did it. I broke down and purchased a Zeitronix WideBand setup. Now that I have that incredible tuning tool at my command, I am wondering if I should put the C&L back on.

On thing about the C&L when I did have it installed was its driveability problems. I also had major tuning issues and took a little power hit. My thinking is with the WB, EEC Analyzer, and TwEECer I should be able to dial in a fairly accurate transfer.

In comparison to a stock posted meter, do you think there is an advantage to installing the C&L meter?

joker
04-19-2005, 08:55 PM
I think there is a reason alot of professional tuners wont work with c&l mafs. Take that as you may.

TheJeanyus
04-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I've heard of too many people having the same issues you've had with a C&L meter. I'd steer clear, but I guess there is a chance that you could tune out the issues.

NightHawk756
04-19-2005, 09:58 PM
You suck!! :jester:

Did you buy the stuff to get the egt readings?? Or just gonna opt for the voltage readings instead??

NightHawk756
04-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh and......

:pics:

QWKSNKE
04-20-2005, 05:01 AM
I think any meter can have driveability issues tuned out with the right equipment. No meter is dead on.

Italian LX
04-20-2005, 05:28 AM
I think any meter can have driveability issues tuned out with the right equipment. No meter is dead on.
:agree:

I went back to my C&L a couple monyhs ago. I think I've got it tuned out right and I'm ready to go to the dyno.

. . . and I'm ready to go to Steele and put down my first 12 second run. :banana:

Wall96cobra
04-20-2005, 05:47 AM
:agree:

I went back to my C&L a couple monyhs ago. I think I've got it tuned out right and I'm ready to go to the dyno.

. . . and I'm ready to go to Steele and put down my first 12 second run. :banana:

Hell if you were trapping 105mph at Commerce I bet you trap 109 or 110mph at Steele.

Italian LX
04-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Hell if you were trapping 105mph at Commerce I bet you trap 109 or 110mph at Steele.
That's what I'm hoping. :yup:

QWKSNKE
04-20-2005, 06:58 AM

I forecast high 106's to low 107's with a low 1.7 60'

Sendero
04-20-2005, 07:43 AM
You suck!! :jester:

Did you buy the stuff to get the egt readings?? Or just gonna opt for the voltage readings instead??

No EGT, yet. I've got a calculation of the voltages in relation to the Air/Fuel ratio (I knew Differential Equations would come in handy :rolleyes: ) which will be plugged into the TwEECer software for the conversion. Just to verify my accuracy I sent Zeitronix an email with my tables to see if I am close, I should hear back from them soon.

When I do go with some type of boost, I do want to add the EGT and Boost sensors.

TheJeanyus
04-20-2005, 04:29 PM
...and I'm ready to go to Steele...
:stupid:

Maybe my car will run 12s again one day. :banghead:

NightHawk756
04-20-2005, 06:23 PM
No EGT, yet. I've got a calculation of the voltages in relation to the Air/Fuel ratio (I knew Differential Equations would come in handy :rolleyes: ) which will be plugged into the TwEECer software for the conversion. Just to verify my accuracy I sent Zeitronix an email with my tables to see if I am close, I should hear back from them soon.

When I do go with some type of boost, I do want to add the EGT and Boost sensors.Yeah, I was thinking of having the egt too. But the boost, I'll probably not do since my ebc will show real time or last boost and I'll have a boost gauge also.

coupe
04-21-2005, 11:28 AM
there's nothing wrong with C&L meters.

93Cobra#2771
04-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Tuning the MAF curve on the C&L's isn't the issue. Getting repeatable MAF readings from their sampling method is the issue. Although they use the stock electronics, they use a rather crude method (the tubes) to limit metered air. So ANY turbulance in the intake piping (such as from bends before the MAF, or fan wash, etc) give the C&L fits in some cases.

I would sell that puppy on ebay. BTW, your stock meter is plenty for your setup unless you step up to a power adder or head work.

The most accurate MAF out there? OEM Ford meters, believe it or not.