PDA

View Full Version : MAF tuning via TwEECer + Wideband

Sendero
04-20-2005, 08:05 AM
I read the help file on MAF tuning using the wideband input and have one basic question.

The way I have been doing all my other tuning sessions is to datalog, clean the computer, load the changes, then drive the car for a couple of days to allow adaptive strategy to learn and tune for the changes. (Thanks for the tip Brian :chug: ) Finally, I repeat the process over again until I get the desired results.

But, in the help files it says to disable Adaptive Strategy which kills the KAMRFx's and "guesstumation" control of the fuel. Since this is disabled and I am only relying on commanded fuel (LAMBSE) then I could datalog, make the change, datalog, make the change, datalog, make the change, etc. I don't have to wait in for the EEC to "learn" anything since the commanded fuel runs off the MAF transfer and fuel tables.

After the MAF transfer is dialed in, I should only have to make changes when something major is installed like headers or an intake right? I wouldn't have to make changes in the case of injector breakpoints or injector timing tables right?

Sendero
04-20-2005, 12:24 PM
:bump:

93Cobra#2771
04-20-2005, 12:39 PM
The goal when tuning the MAF is for commanded fuel (LAMBSE) to equal your actual a/f as shown on your wideband.

Disabling adaptive gets rid of the EEC's ability to screw with your a/f, allowing you to accurately get your MAF tranfer curve dialed in. Otherwise, you kind of end up chasing your tail if adaptive gets in the game.

After the MAF transfer is dialed in, I should only have to make changes when something major is installed like headers or an intake right? I wouldn't have to make changes in the case of injector breakpoints or injector timing tables right?
In theory, yes. :D

Sendero
04-20-2005, 01:49 PM
The goal when tuning the MAF is for commanded fuel (LAMBSE) to equal your actual a/f as shown on your wideband.

Disabling adaptive gets rid of the EEC's ability to screw with your a/f, allowing you to accurately get your MAF tranfer curve dialed in. Otherwise, you kind of end up chasing your tail if adaptive gets in the game.

So I can get all my MAF tuning done in one day without letting the car "relearn" any changes.

93Cobra#2771
04-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Yes. Once you get your MAF curve finalized, don't screw with it. Touch it, and you have just fouled up all your injector slopes, breakpoints, etc.

Basically, if you touch your MAF curve, you will need to reset everything else back to stock and start all over again. Not that I've done that a time or two... :D