PDA

View Full Version : Since this site is in no shape form or fashion..

Sendero
04-25-2005, 05:09 PM
related to the TwEECer business, I wanted to ask a question. What happened to Mike?

I know he was in the process of moving and all that a year ago, but what about know? When is version 9 going to be completed? Has he abandoned the TwEECer project altogether? What about more support for the EEC-V's people?

Help? :shrug:

QWKSNKE
04-25-2005, 05:12 PM
He still around. I spoke with him about 2 weeks ago. I didn't ask him about any new software but he must be doing something because he has added another car and Suuper Duty's to the tweecer capability list :D

93Cobra#2771
04-26-2005, 02:59 PM
I feel the scope of his project has gotten so big that he is barely keeping up. He is more focused on adding binaries, than refining the software, IMHO... :(

86GT
04-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Last I heard, he had an insider at Ford that was willing to help. This insider is how he is able to add the Power Stroke and Focus to the next version. Not to sure if he is refining the already supported processors. I sure hope so.

I sent him all of the address that I have for the A9L. It had over 60 more scalars and 22 functions and 6 tables. I hope that he incorporates it.

Italian LX
04-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I sent him all of the address that I have for the A9L. It had over 60 more scalars and 22 functions and 6 tables. I hope that he incorporates it.
Yay... more crap I'll have to learn. Hell, I haven't even touched maybe 10% of the parameters yet. :huh:

:D

86GT
04-26-2005, 04:52 PM
The names of the parameters need some help too. It would be nice if you disable the EGR or something like that, all of the associated functions and tables would grey out or disapear.

Sendero
04-26-2005, 06:56 PM
I am fairly good at programming PLC controllers and have a vast general technology sense, is there any way I could help? Especially like what you are doing by identifying new addresses and features. I would like to focus on the EEC-V's especially.

Teach me, Master Clint! :hail:

86GT
04-26-2005, 09:36 PM
I am a PLC programmer by day, but a dot net programmer by night.

The program that I am using for memory searching is the PCMX explorerer.

http://www.pcmx.net/pcmx/

I then use a binary disasembler that gives me something that can be deciphered.

93Cobra#2771
04-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Help has been offered by several individuals (including Clint) with a ton of experience in programming, etc. Mike simply doesn't want to share his coding, or doesn't want to pay someone, or something.

For whatever reason, he has kept it basically a one man show, unfortunately. As a result, current and future owners are being limited in that respect. Of course, it's a relatively inexpensive way to be your own tuner, so maybe you get what you pay for.

OK, now, what does "PLC" stand for? :D

And why the heck didn't I get a topic reply notification on this thread?

86GT
04-27-2005, 11:17 AM
A PLC is a Programmable Logic Controller. There are a ton of PLC manufactures out there. Allen Bradley being the largest. These are the devices that most manufacturing companies use for assembly lines and so forth. They are used in a wide range of applications. Here in california the oil refineries, bio pharmaceutical, food and beverage industries use a mess load of them.

http://www.ab.com/plclogic/slc/

93Cobra#2771
04-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Gotcha. Basically, it's a deal to run automated manufacturing equipment, right?

Sendero
04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Gotcha. Basically, it's a deal to run automated manufacturing equipment, right?

Not just manufacturing equipment. I have numerous PLC's that control security gates, fire systems, and a backup power plant (nGas Generator) for my datacenter. Think of them as programmable workers that do one job and never sleep.

Scothew
04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
And dont require coffee

Italian LX
04-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Here in california the oil refineries, bio pharmaceutical, food and beverage industries use a mess load of them.
I know of at least one jail in Anaheim that runs off of a GE Fanuc PLC. ;)

86GT
04-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Yep GE is another brand, but they dont do as well here in california. I see alot of them in the waste water or state agencies. They are cheaper than the Allen Bradley.

93Cobra#2771
04-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Hmm, Lee needs to invest in a PLC to remove and replace cylinder heads... :rofl:

QWKSNKE
04-28-2005, 06:56 AM
:tlash:

93Cobra#2771
04-28-2005, 06:59 AM
:jester:

Italian LX
04-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Yep GE is another brand, but they dont do as well here in california. I see alot of them in the waste water or state agencies. They are cheaper than the Allen Bradley.
How do they not do well in Cali? :think:

We have used Omiron and Square D in some of our older jobs, but pretty much all of our new jails get GE PLC's. They have been extremely reliable for us and they have a small footprint on the subpanels. Our programmers have told me that some of the programming features make them a lot easier to work with.

Of course, all I do is lay them out on the subpanel drawings and design the I/O schedules for them. :D

86GT
04-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Not to sure, I think it is just who is has the market. I have been programming PLC's for over ten years, and I have only had the chance to program one GE 9030. The rest have been Allen Bradley or some other brand.

We have used PLC direct, SCADA Pac, Micro Logics, Control Logics, SLC, PLC 5, Delta V, Modicon, and a few others. We have also been programming DCS's.