PDA

View Full Version : Might be time for a clay bar

TheJeanyus
04-28-2005, 09:39 PM
There are some water spots and general grime that won't come off the Cobra with a simple wash. It looks clean until it's dry, then when you're up close you can see that there is something between you and the clearcoat. Any suggestions for clay bars or paint cleaners to get it in top shape? I've heard nothing but good stuff about Zaino, but I'd like to hear what everyone else has to say.

GoldnGT
04-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Zaino would be my first choice since your car is darker. It doesn't do much good on mine, but I use Meguiars Clay bar... just remember.. if you drop it, trash it.

Mike

FastRedPonyCar
05-01-2005, 09:08 PM
I claybar'd the baby weedeater thursday with griot's garage speed shine and then tech waxed it with the B&D orbital waxer. It's freaking amazing. It's like running your hand across lubricated glass :o It had been 2 weeks since I'd washed it and the front end was a dark gray but you really couldn't tell the rest of the car was dirty. But when I washed it it went from a decent silver color to this brilliant sparkle silver. When the sun hit it after I waxed it, it was like the car was glowing. It was awesome. :metal:

I told whitney about how much the claybar smoothed out the paint when we were walking out to my car and she was like "we waxed my car and it was smooth" (but we didn't claybar) "what could be any different? It's not going to feel any diff..." And just as she said that before she could finish her sentence she ran her palm across the hood and said "ohhh wow!" with this look of excitement. hahah it was hilarious.

The end. Pics tomorrow if you guys are lucky.

SphyNxXx
05-04-2005, 09:30 AM
I like the Clay Magic clayber. You can pick it up from Autozone, so you will save $$$ and hassle from not having to have it shipped.