PDA

View Full Version : Water/Methanol injection

J's98Snake
05-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Anyone here have any luck with the Snow Performance stage II kit. Also what kind of gains can be expected?

:nixon:

NightHawk756
05-02-2005, 09:21 AM
I haven't tried it yet and don't recall anyone here that has. But I've been thinking alot about it. :popcorn:

QWKSNKE
05-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I read a review about it a few months back. I can't remember the gains though

J's98Snake
05-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I guess I'll be the first here and will keep ya'll informed. From what I've heard it works awesome and will cool the intake charger much better than a intercooler/aftercooler.

Scothew
05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I do believe Doug904 has played with water/meth injection on his 4.0's but not sure if it was the Snow's kit

Wicked
05-05-2005, 06:15 PM
I guess I'll be the first here and will keep ya'll informed. From what I've heard it works awesome and will cool the intake charger much better than a intercooler/aftercooler.

It is possible it would cool better, but having to keep filling things up sucks. Plus you have to tune for it, so if you run out of cooler fluid, your tune gets screwed up as well.

Would be lighter and easier than making an intercooler fit on some cars.

Hey guys, whats the newer boost cooler that doesn't use a pump but uses boost to pump the fluid? I thought that one was pretty cool and seemed bigger, larger capacity.

ChipR4cam
05-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, whats the newer boost cooler that doesn't use a pump but uses boost to pump the fluid? I thought that one was pretty cool and seemed bigger, larger capacity.

AFM, and they are alot cheaper and simpler.:yup:

Wicked
05-06-2005, 04:13 PM
AFM, and they are alot cheaper and simpler.:yup:

:werd:
I thought it was a great idea to use the boost pressure to inject the fluid. It will automatically inject proportional to boost level and no pump motor to fail on you. Only problem is its injected before the blower instead of after as I assume other kits are. Probably little negative affect.

99LS1
05-06-2005, 04:46 PM
It is possible it would cool better, but having to keep filling things up sucks. Plus you have to tune for it, so if you run out of cooler fluid, your tune gets screwed up as well.

Would be lighter and easier than making an intercooler fit on some cars.

It cools quite a bit better. Some considered a bandaid to a bad intercooler system, I'd still like to have one even if I did have a kickass one. They usually post good gains on top of a good system.

You don't have to run around w/ it on either. You should have an on/off switch to keep it off when you don't need it. You can get a pretty big container to put it in. I don't see it any different than nitrous, you wouldn't chance running it if you weren't sure that bottle was full.

Wicked
05-06-2005, 06:54 PM
It cools quite a bit better. Some considered a bandaid to a bad intercooler system, I'd still like to have one even if I did have a kickass one. They usually post good gains on top of a good system.

You don't have to run around w/ it on either. You should have an on/off switch to keep it off when you don't need it. You can get a pretty big container to put it in. I don't see it any different than nitrous, you wouldn't chance running it if you weren't sure that bottle was full.

But since you are running something that cools and richens the mixture, you would have to have a seperate tune to match.

99LS1
05-07-2005, 07:44 AM
I forgot most of you guys have no way to tune on the fly. If you had some program like tweecer where you could activate a nitrous tune when the switch is on for the water/methanol injection.

I would also say you could just crank the boost until it's not off the wall rich, but I don't think that's feasible for you blower guys.

Wicked
05-08-2005, 07:14 AM
I forgot most of you guys have no way to tune on the fly. If you had some program like tweecer where you could activate a nitrous tune when the switch is on for the water/methanol injection.

I would also say you could just crank the boost until it's not off the wall rich, but I don't think that's feasible for you blower guys.

Well, a lot of guys have multi-program chips.