PDA

View Full Version : Smog pump delete

CrimsonRacing
05-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Well...after ALOT of trail and error I have found it takes a 905K6 belt on the 94'95's.......

Believe me...........I do mean alot of putting on belts and taking them off before getting theight one.

The 905K6 has the tensioner right in the middle so I am finally satisfied.

:metal:

Scothew
05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Sorry Richard, I got tied up at work and didnt have a chance to look up the belt routing for this yet... did you get it?????

natedawgg94
05-12-2005, 05:14 AM
Yeah I'm doing the same on mine tried a 88k6 yesterday was going to try the 90k5 today. Hey did you just reverse the routing of your crank and water pump pullies? what i mean is before the delete belt went under the crank then up around the water pump now it's going over the water pump anddown to the crank then to tensioner.. :chug: How'd you cap off the egr line from the exhaust? :popcorn:

CrimsonRacing
05-12-2005, 06:12 AM
Yeah I'm doing the same on mine tried a 88k6 yesterday was going to try the 90k5 today. Hey did you just reverse the routing of your crank and water pump pullies? what i mean is before the delete belt went under the crank then up around the water pump now it's going over the water pump anddown to the crank then to tensioner.. :chug: How'd you cap off the egr line from the exhaust? :popcorn:

Mine now goes from across top of altenator under guide pulley across, p.s. pump,down to a/c compressor up and over water pump pulley down to crank pulley and over tensioner......

I don't think you will be able to use 900k6..........that's gonna be really tight.The 905 I used fits just right and the tensioner indicator is right in the center now.

When you say egr line(referring to line directly from pump,then I just cut the hose,used a solid head lugnut and then clamped it off.If you are referring to the manifold line,either Lee capped it off or it had been done before he got the car.

and now I am preparing to put the new underdrives on and will have to experiment with belt sizes again........This shit never ends....... :rofl:

CrimsonRacing
05-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Sorry Richard, I got tied up at work and didnt have a chance to look up the belt routing for this yet... did you get it?????

Tied up at work??????????? :bs: .......... :rofl:

That's a pretty good one Scott........Now when did ya'll actually begin doing anything there but ****ing around on here all day........

It did take a while to get the right belt,but thankfully I was in the parking lot of NAPA,so I just kept going back in until I got the right belt.

EZ SPEED
05-12-2005, 07:04 AM
I made life easy...bought a smog pump eliminator from UPR. :jester:

natedawgg94
05-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Oh yeah rub it in eric :baby: I'm gonna go with the 905k6 thanks crimson :chug: The line I was talking about was the one beside the transmission it's a little kicker tube coming out right before the cross over pipe if you have a h pipe? I think the x-pipe and some aftermarket h-pipes had that deleted already. :popcorn: