PDA

View Full Version : When to change spark plugs?

NO2MORO
05-12-2005, 09:56 PM
When should I change out the NGK plugs in my car. I now have 28,000 miles on the car. When I drive the car I drive it hard. I noticed the other day that when I am just cruzing along at one speed It has a miss feel to it. The RPM gauge does not drop, but it feels like you just tapped the brakes.

UGOTB1T
05-12-2005, 10:45 PM
I would pull them and see what they look like. Tim recommended going with the TR7's while I had the TR6's in when he tuned it so I bought a set from him. I checked them the other day and they looked just like they did when I put them in, so i'm leaving them alone for the time being. What gap are you running?

Wicked
05-13-2005, 06:48 PM
When should I change out the NGK plugs in my car. I now have 28,000 miles on the car. When I drive the car I drive it hard. I noticed the other day that when I am just cruzing along at one speed It has a miss feel to it. The RPM gauge does not drop, but it feels like you just tapped the brakes.

I'd say that's more than likely your tune. Mine does that too.

You probably haven't noticed it until now cause you trailer the car most everywhere it goes. :jester:

Wicked
05-13-2005, 08:31 PM
I would pull them and see what they look like. Tim recommended going with the TR7's while I had the TR6's in when he tuned it so I bought a set from him. I checked them the other day and they looked just like they did when I put them in, so i'm leaving them alone for the time being. What gap are you running?

Hey man,
What's your car look like? I live in Leeds in Oliver Crossings. I'm sure I'll see or have seen you around.

edit: NM, Josh. I guess its black. :jester:

Travis, I've had the same plugs in my car for over a year. I am getting ready to change them out. I'll prolly go with the same Autolite 764's.

NO2MORO
05-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I'd say that's more than likely your tune. Mine does that too.

You probably haven't noticed it until now cause you trailer the car most everywhere it goes. :jester:

I was going to offer you so help when you move but now I will have to think about it a little longer. That trailer will hold alot of furniture. :jester:

I have not seen him around the area either, but we did meet him at Steele last year at a thursday night test and tune.

Sendero
05-13-2005, 11:35 PM
I change mine out every year whether they need it or not.

UGOTB1T
05-13-2005, 11:51 PM

Good advice :chug: I do the same.

Italian LX
05-14-2005, 10:02 AM
I changed mine three times in the past 6 months. :shrug:

:D

Sendero
05-14-2005, 10:36 AM

That because you keep modding your car and changing heads. We can't really change heads, well we can, but they all use the same style of plug. :jester:

QWKSNKE
05-14-2005, 12:32 PM

Hell I have changed mine more than that in the last 2 months

Wicked
05-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I changed mine a few times in the first year or so after being supercharged, thinking I was getting blowout. When I realized it wasn't the plugs I let the latest ones go longer.

asilver2001gt
05-14-2005, 05:07 PM
every ten thousand miles:

fuel filter
spark plugs
belt (if it already hasn't shredded)

spark plugs use ngk br7ef gapped to .033-.035

Wicked
05-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I was changing my belt every 3 months for about a year...then I got the RR pulley I haven't been going through belts as much.