PDA

View Full Version : What kind of figures would be expected with this swap?

DSkeet
05-17-2005, 08:43 AM
I have thought about later on down the road doing an engine swap when I decide to go blown. I have heard some pretty good things about the 5.4 motor+KB. What kind of hp and tq numbers would be expected? Is this a very hard swap? Thanks in advance!

David

coupe
05-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Probably about 50 hp with the motor and another 150 with the blower. :shrug:

TheJeanyus
05-17-2005, 09:24 AM
I think the only real issue with that setup will be the need for a really tall hood.

Sendero
05-17-2005, 09:29 AM
I have thought about later on down the road doing an engine swap when I decide to go blown. I have heard some pretty good things about the 5.4 motor+KB. What kind of hp and tq numbers would be expected? Is this a very hard swap? Thanks in advance!

David

Ohhhh, have I been debating this for a long time.

The 5.4L motor in our chassis is certainly doable, but its a heavy swap. I don't think its as much of a problem with the 2V 5.4L's, but I do know that with the 4V 5.4L's you pretty much have to pull the motor if there is any mechnical problems (valvetrain, heads, etc) If you were looking for a all out N/A motor then the 5.4L would be the way to go, but since you mentioned boosting it, I'd stay with the 4.6L.

For what you are contemplating, I'd look into forging the stock shortblock. Maybe even some ported heads and cams if you decided to go the blower route. Or, you could just buy a turbo kit and be done with it.

TheJeanyus
05-17-2005, 09:33 AM
:stupid: Built 4.6L + Turbo would make more power than you could really use on the street, but if you just want to be different the 5.4L is doable.

DSkeet
05-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the replies, I think I am just gonna stay 4.6 with a sc or turbo... Any turbo kits you guys recommend made for this car? I have seen alot as far as superchargers go, but not alot when it comes to turbos...

Thanks!

Sendero
05-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the replies, I think I am just gonna stay 4.6 with a sc or turbo... Any turbo kits you guys recommend made for this car? I have seen alot as far as superchargers go, but not alot when it comes to turbos...

Thanks!

Personally, I like the Induction Concepts (http://www.inductionconcepts.com/Mustang4.6GT.php) kit because:

1. You can use any K-member you want
2. Build quality on these kits is phenominal
3. Kits are complete with everything
4. Rad has proven to be an awesome businessman

The kits ARE pricey, but you have to remember that it includes everything to get up and running. You'll still need a tune so budget that in.

Brad (Flashbang) has a HP Turbo Kit that he's installing on his SN95. You might want to give him a shout to get his slant. I like their kits too.

joker
05-17-2005, 12:42 PM
myillwillinc over on the mafia boards I believe is running a 5.4 in his car, not sure what it came out of though.

UGOTB1T
05-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Check this out!! Their other kits have been shipping in 3 days of ordering. Now if I only had 10 or 12 grand laying around. Turbos :drool:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26813