PDA

View Full Version : 100shot on mostly stock 4.6

uvbnhad
05-19-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm going to be running the 100 shot on mine but I'm just wanting to get some other opinions on this being safe. Personally I don't think that there will be any problem at all.

Hyperutectic pistons can take up to 450hp; Kenne Belle and NX goes by those numbers.

My last dyno was in the 265 range to the rear wheels; since then I've added just a few things nothing major. Even with a 100 shot I shouldn't top 400 to the rear but it should be close to it.

It runs rich as it should when at WOT.

Again I don't think there should be any problems. Anyone else think so or different?

Sendero
05-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Do the '04 GT's still have the composite intake? That and maybe an upgraded fuel pump just for piece of mind.

Is this a wet or dry kit?

uvbnhad
05-19-2005, 09:03 PM
It's a wet kit and the lower intake is still a composite.

Italian LX
05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
It's a wet kit and the lower intake is still a composite.
Invest in a spare. :bomb:

:D

uvbnhad
05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
got one off of the old engine! :)

Italian LX
05-19-2005, 09:30 PM
What kind of tune are you going to be running with the juice? You'll need some way to pull timing when you're on the gas.

uvbnhad
05-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Nothing yet but supposedly I won't need it with a 100shot; or so says the guy at NX.

Scothew
05-20-2005, 12:50 AM
GET IT TUNED. Dont listen to them when they say it will be fine. it will more than likely be rich and if fuel puddles in the intake, you can kiss the plastic goodbye.

GoldnGT had a 100 shot on his car for awhile. It made some hella good numbers. He went from like 260ish to 370 ithink but with like 530rwtq. but he was tuned as well. Just take all the safety steps and you will be fine. (I would upgrade the fuel pump though).

QWKSNKE
05-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Nothing yet but supposedly I won't need it with a 100shot; or so says the guy at NX.

yeah NX claims to be jetted for stock timing. I always pulled a little WOT timing from mine.

Italian LX
05-20-2005, 04:56 AM
GET IT TUNED. Dont listen to them when they say it will be fine. it will more than likely be rich and if fuel puddles in the intake, you can kiss the plastic goodbye.

I don't think the issue is fuel. He's going to dyno it tomorrow and he can get the AFR close if he has the right jets. My concern was the WOT timing advance; it won't be as big an issue with a small shot like he is going with, but I would not want to run any kind of power adder with the stock timing tables. If you insist on not getting a tune, you may want to invest in some higher octane gas when you use the nitrous.

(I would upgrade the fuel pump though).
I would definitely invest in a new fuel pump to be safe too.

uvbnhad
05-20-2005, 08:07 AM
For tomorrow I'll probably be using some 93 with octane booster just to be safe; of course the though of using 87 has never crossed my mind.

Unless someone totally disagrees, I don't think making a few pulls with it is going to hurt anything. The fuel pump and timing adjustments will definitely come a little later when I have the $$$.

joker
05-20-2005, 08:14 AM
I think it will be fine. If you feel uncomfortable, just run to the other side of trussville, and toss in a gallon or two of racing fuel.

coupe
05-20-2005, 08:18 AM
93 Octane should be ok for a 100 shot. Blake will know if it's leaning out & he will back off of it.

Just don't run 87 or 89 Octane for a dyno pull :D :jester: :D

joker
05-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Just don't run 87 or 89 Octane for a dyno pull :D :jester: :D

Why not if that is what you put in the car every day? It's not like most of us are dynoing track only cars.

uvbnhad
05-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Forgot to mention. The jetting for 100 shot is 51 for nitrous and 31 for fuel. I've got jet 32 in there now as that's the only one Speedsouth had. I've also got 33 and 34. As the fuel jets go up, the solution will be richer. NX says that you can increase the fuel jet size to increase the mixture's richness as needed.

joker
05-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Forgot to mention. The jetting for 100 shot is 51 for nitrous and 31 for fuel. I've got jet 32 in there now as that's the only one Speedsouth had. I've also got 33 and 34. As the fuel jets go up, the solution will be richer. NX says that you can increase the fuel jet size to increase the mixture's richness as needed.Yep, that is exactly how you tune the nitrous to be as rich / lean as you need. I dont know if my cousing will be there or not when you dyno, but he may have a 31 jet to try out. If you want I can check with him and pick it up.

uvbnhad
05-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Yep, that is exactly how you tune the nitrous to be as rich / lean as you need. I dont know if my cousing will be there or not when you dyno, but he may have a 31 jet to try out. If you want I can check with him and pick it up.
Yeah if he's got it I'd like to try it if there is time of course.

joker
05-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah if he's got it I'd like to try it if there is time of course.Thats cool I will call him and ask tonight. Most likely I will probably hang around most of the day, so I will bring it when I come out there if he has one.

qkjuicedpony
05-20-2005, 08:58 AM
please puit a timing adjuster on that car and pull a little timing out....your wallet will thank you in the long run

QWKSNKE
05-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Why not if that is what you put in the car every day? It's not like most of us are dynoing track only cars.

Why would you run less than 93 octane in a performance car that you do race occasionally. I mean hell, at the most you are only adding around $2 to a complete fill up when using 93. Odds are if you race it occasionally, you are going to have your timing jacked up where it requires you to run 93 octane.

Marc,
93 octane will be fine on a 100 shot

Wicked
05-20-2005, 04:11 PM
If you wanted to bypass getting teh tune and do it yourself, get a Steeda Timing Adjuster. Only problem with that is you'd be running less timing all the time and would lose a few ponies when off the juice.

Italian LX
05-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey Marc, if you read this before going to the dyno, be sure your gas tank is not near empty when you make your pulls.

:bomb:

uvbnhad
05-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Needless to say, it worked well :D