PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Injector Slopes

Sendero
05-26-2005, 12:17 PM
I am ready to start finally dialing in my KAMRFx's and get my gas mileage/performance back where it needs to be. Just like a good little tuner I have been clearing my EEC each time I make a fuel control change, but I have a concern that I need addressed.

In the EA documentation regarding tuning injector slopes, it states that you need to set your breakpoint to some unobtainable number and "accelerate very slowly" in order to keep the EEC on the low slope side. Purpose of this is to tune the slope between 0-3ms.

Since I've got an EEC-V with adaptive strategy enabled I usually drive the car a couple of days after making a change to make sure the KAMRF tables have learned their proper corrections. So can I just change my breakpoint without clearing the EEC and datalog, or will I have to drive like a grandma for a couple of days to allow the learing process?

86GT
05-26-2005, 01:11 PM
I need to rework that help file. Since you have the EEC-V, the new version of the EA can calculate the slopes and breakpoint without having to do what is described in the help file.

Goto the injector slope tab and select the "PW vs Required Fuel" option. Now select the settings button on the injector slope tab. Choose the automatic option and enter in the actual injector size.

Make sure to leave adaptive on and filter out any outliers in the datalog. What I mean by outliers is things like 16000RPM and so on.

This procedure will find the best fit for you delivered fuel. It will not get rid of the hills and valleys in the KAMRF. The hills and valleys have to be removed by modifying the MAF curve directly.

To increase fuel mileage, note where the car run at cruising speeds such as load and RPM. Now go to the fuel tables and make sure there are at 14.64. If they are not you can modify the sea level load scale or adjust the fuel table.

Sendero
05-26-2005, 01:19 PM
I need to rework that help file. Since you have the EEC-V, the new version of the EA can calculate the slopes and breakpoint without having to do what is described in the help file.

Goto the injector slope tab and select the "PW vs Required Fuel" option. Now select the settings button on the injector slope tab. Choose the automatic option and enter in the actual injector size.

Make sure to leave adaptive on and filter out any outliers in the datalog. What I mean by outliers is things like 16000RPM and so on.

This procedure will find the best fit for you delivered fuel. It will not get rid of the hills and valleys in the KAMRF. The hills and valleys have to be removed by modifying the MAF curve directly.

To increase fuel mileage, note where the car run at cruising speeds such as load and RPM. Now go to the fuel tables and make sure there are at 14.64. If they are not you can modify the sea level load scale or adjust the fuel table.

Awww, cool. Thats a new feature since the last version. That is awesome! Thanks Clint!

86GT
05-26-2005, 01:23 PM
I uploaded the latest last night. It now save all chart settings for all charts. It also has a better refresh rate on the charts. It has a slew of new things.

QWKSNKE
05-26-2005, 01:54 PM
does this mean that I may be able to get some fuel economy out of my 93 again :banana:

86GT
05-26-2005, 06:55 PM
You could if the AFR is dialed in for the cruising range.

Sendero
05-26-2005, 09:48 PM
does this mean that I may be able to get some fuel economy out of my 93 again :banana:

Nope, I didn't see the El Destructo automatic option. Sorry. :jester:

93Cobra#2771
05-27-2005, 11:40 AM
:rofl:

QWKSNKE
05-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Nope, I didn't see the El Destructo automatic option. Sorry. :jester:

:slap:

boss96
05-27-2005, 01:41 PM

FWIW guys, you don't need to dial in the afr in CL unless you are past the adaptive range of the eec for some reason (bad maf curve). 14.7 is what you are going to get no matter what if you are reasonably close on your maf. If you have aftermarket cams then you can help gas mileage by adjusting injector timing which Clints program will do for you.
Bob

QWKSNKE
06-09-2005, 09:15 PM
changed my a/f in the 'stabilized CL' and it didn't help any :(

86GT
06-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Are you targeting 14.64? Does the WB equal the LAMBSE? Are you sure you are in CL?

I calculated mine as I went to and from the Restomods car show in Reno Nevada. I got 21mpg on the way there and 22mpg on the way back.

QWKSNKE
06-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Are you targeting 14.64? Does the WB equal the LAMBSE? Are you sure you are in CL?

I calculated mine as I went to and from the Restomods car show in Reno Nevada. I got 21mpg on the way there and 22mpg on the way back.

yes that is what I am targeting. I don't have a WB, so I can't compare the 2

86GT
06-10-2005, 08:31 AM
I had to adjust my sealevel load scaling to get my load down to the 30-40 which put me in CL and in the 14.64 range.

I read on the tweecer board that the CL fuel table could not be modified. It will always revert back. I have not tried it myself, but again I have not had to modify it yet.

I would bet if your cruise is commanding 14.64 and you are in CL, that maybe spark is not high enough or the actual feedback from the O2's are not really reading 14.64. Also make sure that the adaptive update tabe has positive values in the section fro you cruise load and RPM.

93Cobra#2771
06-10-2005, 08:50 AM
I read on the tweecer board that the CL fuel table could not be modified. It will always revert back. I have not tried it myself, but again I have not had to modify it yet.
I read the same thing, Clint. I belive THUNDERSTANG was the one who said it was hardwired into the EEC, and not a changeable parameter...

QWKSNKE
06-10-2005, 09:39 AM
well it shows being changeable. I had changed all of mine last fall (when the blower was installed) to command high 11's - low 12's at 50% load and up. They were still in there when I changed them Wednesday night. We have adjusted the load values some, but I am sure they need to be changed some more.

93Cobra#2771
06-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Right. But IIRC, it still doesn't change anything, even though it SHOWS changes are being made. Basically, a dummy table that effects nothing. The CL a/f is HARDWIRED into the EEC (again, this is going from memory)...

86GT
06-10-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't believe the A/F needs to be that rich at 50% load. I could understand higher loads but not the crusing loads. Crusing loads should have almost no boost. If there is no boost then 14.64 can be targeted. At the crusing loads are you in CL? I did not see that in any of the previous posts.

QWKSNKE
06-10-2005, 02:53 PM
I should be in CL but I will have to look at Italian LX's datalogs he has done in my car the last 2 days (he commutes 100 miles roundtrip everyday so he has been driving the cobra for datalogging purposes)

86GT
06-10-2005, 03:19 PM
you have personal drivers. WOW :)

QWKSNKE
06-10-2005, 03:29 PM
:lol: