PDA

View Full Version : The Tfi Module

jwillburn119
05-29-2005, 12:59 PM
:drool:
so does anyone know where or how i am supposed to get ahold of one of these Thick film Integrated MAgnetic Ignition control modules?

More well known as a TFI Module?

slvrbullit
05-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Should be able to get one at any parts store, also need a special tool to get it off. If they dont know what a TFI is tell them you need an ignition control module.

jwillburn119
05-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Should be able to get one at any parts store, also need a special tool to get it off. If they dont know what a TFI is tell them you need an ignition control module.

are you sure? my book is real grey on what the TFI is and weather it is the ICM but it calls them both seperate things... it doesnt tell how to get it out of the damn car, but it is the only thing that is in the damn engine compartment that remotely resembles the damn thing

slvrbullit
05-29-2005, 04:16 PM
what year is your car. You have to have a Ford TFI module tool. If you have the car that is in your avatar pic and is a 5.0 then the TFI is located under the air intake tube on the passenger side fender well. If you have a 93 and below the it will be located ont he side of the distributor.

jwillburn119
05-29-2005, 04:38 PM
yeah thats my car, its a 95... 5.0... i am gonna go buy it now... i knew where it was... thank you for that i am going to get another one right now... i will get back

jwillburn119
05-29-2005, 05:38 PM
:fback: :wtlw:

NNNEEEEEEXXXXXXTTTT!!!!!

you are all wrong... i just replaced it... and i put the damn grease on it and everything... bought the tool... bolted it down... i even reset the computer... still doiing it all this sucks... can someone help me again? :fback: :fback:

edit edit** this is a continuation of my other thread

Italian LX
05-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Have you checked your fuel pressure yet? :shrug:

QWKSNKE
05-30-2005, 09:11 AM
:fback: :wtlw:

NNNEEEEEEXXXXXXTTTT!!!!!

you are all wrong...

Look asshat, so what if we are wrong. Its kinda hard for us to diagnos your problem over the internet and be right every time. All we can do is offer suggestions based off what you tell us.

Sendero
05-30-2005, 09:18 AM
can someone help me again?

Return the car back to the seller and buy a better running car? :shrug:

Seriously, it sounds like you have a ball of snakes and its just going to get worse.

93Cobra#2771
05-31-2005, 07:25 AM
And, since you have 2 threads trying to solve the same problem, let's stick with the original thread - no sense in having 2 current threads:
http://forums.qwiksnake.com/showthread.php?t=2343

I'll lock this one and we'll continue to refer to the one I just linked.