PDA

View Full Version : SCT X-calibrator 2

Doug904
06-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Hey guys,

They are on their way, according to SCT. Below is a few shots from another dealer of the X-cal 2 and the datalogging software on a Laptop.....

http://webpages.charter.net/doug904/SCT/Xcal2realpic1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/doug904/SCT/Xcal2realpic2.jpg

THanks Doug904

QWKSNKE
06-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Do you any files for the SVT Focus yet?

Been reviewing both the x-calibrator and the Diablo Predator for our Focus. So far I am leaning towards the Predator. Talk me out of it :D

93Cobra#2771
06-01-2005, 11:47 AM
So, it allows tuning in the car without a laptop, or what? What's diff. about it? :shrug:

Doug904
06-01-2005, 07:12 PM

Been reviewing both the x-calibrator and the Diablo Predator for our Focus. So far I am leaning towards the Predator. Talk me out of it :D

Drive a Drive-By-Wire car that's been tuned by Diablo and one that's been tuned by SCT. You'll forget about the Diablo. I can't say for the number differences between the two but as far as driveability I can say the SCT has been claimed many times to be ALOT better. I can't really say but Diablo is having some issues with the DBW system, not to say they won't have them fixed soon but for now we got it right.

Ohh, and Yes, I have every gas powered Ford vehicle from 95 and up, even some before.

Yes, it is alot like the Predator in that it will datalogg using the handheld as well as being able to make changes to the programming. From what I hear the Diablo will only hold one program, the X-2 will hold three. Same goes for the datalogger, it will show a few values on the small screen but you get alot better of a picture on a PC.

Thanks, Doug.

Wicked
06-01-2005, 07:38 PM
How much?

QWKSNKE
06-01-2005, 07:41 PM
How much?

:werd:

Needing something for the Focus. i have read a good bit on both the predator and sct stuff but nobody thinks one is better than the other.

Oh yeah. I don't think the focus is a drive by wire either

Wicked
06-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh yeah. I don't think the focus is a drive by wire either

My Mazda is, I wouldn't doubt that the Focus was.

Doug904
06-01-2005, 09:21 PM
My Mazda is, I wouldn't doubt that the Focus was.

Yeah, I'm not really sure yet but I know most of the new Ford 150pin processor type vehicles are DBW.

My pricing on the X-2 is $399 for three programs but since you probably only use 93 I could take it down since you'll only really use one or two programs. Just shoot me an email and we'll discuss it somemore.

bamachips@charter.net

Thanks, Doug.

Doug904
06-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Here's the differences from Justin at VMP performance...

Neither will monitor A/F, but the x-cal2 has an aux input that will accept the signal from the $200 www.innovatemotorsports.com LC-1 wideband. Right now you have to datalog through the x-cal2 with a laptop, but in the future you will be able to display the a/f and OBD2 data right on the screen, and save it on the xcal2 (no laptop required) for later upload to a desktop PC. That will be a free over the internet firmware upgrade.

KEMPerformance
08-28-2005, 07:18 AM

A friend of mine is a Diablo dealer and tried the Predator on his Focus SVT and had nothing but problems. I let him try one of my Xcalibrators and he liked it so much he ended up buying it.

Mike

tacbear
08-28-2005, 07:29 AM
I have the Xcalibrator 2 and I really like it, Doug had my car tuned in (2) pulls on the Dyno!!