PDA

View Full Version : what's needed

J-ville4.6
06-06-2005, 12:20 PM
what do I need to take with me to a dyno session? Other than my car. I have never been to one and don't really know what to expect and don't want to be cought off guard. I was thinking about going to eather Walker or JMS who's the better one to go to for dyno tunning?

TheJeanyus
06-06-2005, 07:29 PM
All you need is your car if you're just making pulls on the dyno for a baseline. If you plan on getting it tuned, you'll need a chip and someone who can tune it, or a handheld tuner such as a Diablo Predator (Blake at Walker's is very familiar with the Predator and can help you out from what I understand).

J-ville4.6
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Yea that is what I thought, I think I'll give him a call. He can answer any questions I have. Thanks.

Craig K.
06-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Not too sure on the 4.6's but if I were to do some tuning I would maybe bring some different plugs to get some different baselines, also make sure your running the type of fuel that you'll always run in it if you have it tuned.

You might want to show up a little early, and open the hood to help cool down the ngine before the pulls.

J-ville4.6
06-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Not too sure on the 4.6's but if I were to do some tuning I would maybe bring some different plugs to get some different baselines, also make sure your running the type of fuel that you'll always run in it if you have it tuned.

You might want to show up a little early, and open the hood to help cool down the ngine before the pulls.

Those are good points I had not thought of.
Thanks

QWKSNKE
06-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Don't go this Saturday because I will need the dyno for about an hour :D

J-ville4.6
06-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Don't go this Saturday because I will need the dyno for about an hour :D

Are you really going this weekend if so what time?

QWKSNKE
06-07-2005, 07:03 PM
If all goes well with the car this week, I had thought about it. I haven't called Blake or made definite plans yet because I wanted to see how the cobra did with the street tuning.

J-ville4.6
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go or not I found out today that I have to work RiverFest Saturday 10 till 9.