PDA

View Full Version : pushrod length

ujslost
06-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Ok i Finally got me a stock motor to throw in until i get my 308 done :metal:

I am puttin on some e7s that have had a crap load of work done on them.
My question is this. the heads have been shaved, i cant remember exactly how much, but its a good bit i think, i have had them drilled and installed studs,guide plates and 1.7-1.6 roller rockers. Can I use a stock length push rod or do ya think I will have to have a differant push rod, I know i have to have a hardend push rod already. Im hoping i can use stock length. just to keep from having to mess with using and adjustable to measure the length.

86GT
06-06-2005, 11:04 PM
The stock is 6.250. Not to sure if you will need shorter or not.

coupe
06-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Ideally; you need a pushrod that's the same amount shorter as you had milled off the head. But in reality; the stockers will be fine, just need a shim to actually "raise" the rocker pedestal the amount of the milling... :nice:

QWKSNKE
06-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Ideally; you need a pushrod that's the same amount shorter as you had milled off the head. But in reality; the stockers will be fine, just need a shim to actually "raise" the rocker pedestal the amount of the milling... :nice:

:werd:

ujslost
06-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Well since i had the heads cut and drilled for stud mounted roller rockers. that doesnt apply here

QWKSNKE
06-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Well since i had the heads cut and drilled for stud mounted roller rockers. that doesnt apply here

Have you tried using the pushrods you have, adjusting the rocker arms, and rotating the assembly to watch how the rocker arm actuates the valve to see if it aligns correctly?

I think you may still be ok.

Craig K.
06-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I had a real similiar set up many years ago, minus the 1.7's. I ran the Ford harden push rods (stock length) and it worked just fine.

I would do what Lee suggested.

ujslost
06-14-2005, 06:18 PM
hell with it i just put some stock length hardened push rods in, i figure with an adjustable rocker there should be a little bit of room for error, but like lee said the geometry still looks pretty good to me.