PDA

View Full Version : Bullit pieces on a 95

Craig K.
06-09-2005, 08:51 PM
I have been thinking of buying a bullit 4 piece pedal set for the 95.

In researchung prices, I have found kits that also include the brushed fuel door lid.

What would you think of the aluminum fuel door lid on a black 95?
I think that along with the chrome rims, that it might look good on the black.

TheJeanyus
06-09-2005, 08:52 PM
I've never been a big fan of the aluminum fuel doors. I'd rather my fuel door be completely integrated into the body and not visible at all instead of standing out.

Craig K.
06-10-2005, 03:40 PM
I have always been so-so on it, I looked around on the net to try and find some photos of a black 95 with this, but could not find any, yet.

Purple1995Pony
06-10-2005, 07:49 PM
couple pics of my 94 ... not black or same wheels but maybe give ya an idea ... maybe someone can chop it?

Craig K.
06-10-2005, 07:53 PM
looks really good with those wheels, not sure if it will look quite as good with the chrome r's that i have.

Shorty
06-11-2005, 10:47 AM
i would say leave it body color, although i dont think it is an eyesore.

94five0
06-11-2005, 10:06 PM
i dunno. depends on what color. i've got a black/ green theme with my car.. same color :nice: (forest green tourmaline)..:metal:

i'd probly rock it tho. i might repaint it a darker shade of grey. that trim is kinda gaudy for my tastes, but its a nice peice. i think a its locking one too.

Craig K.
06-12-2005, 10:06 AM
i dunno. depends on what color. i've got a black/ green theme with my car.. same color :nice: (forest green tourmaline)..:metal:

i'd probly rock it tho. i might repaint it a darker shade of grey. that trim is kinda gaudy for my tastes, but its a nice peice. i think a its locking one too.

Well, I really don't have any theme on the car yet. It's black with a black top and the two tone black/tan interior. It has chrome Cobra R's on it (only because they were a freeby), so I thought the brushed aluminum mit look good on it, but really not sure yet.

94five0
06-12-2005, 08:49 PM
it draws attention that's for sure. what kind of attention might be up for debate. its "sticks out" imo. like its tacked on, rather than OE. on a grey car, it would be a different shade, but still flow with a silver theme.. silver brushed aluminum wheels, silver body, smoked head lenses..but it's your car, an you can do with it what you wish.

i personally, have yet to see another color that it looks good on other than Highland green on the '00 Bullitt.. as a factory design. even there, I kind of let it slide. its not color matched, it sticks out, but its part of the charm of having a limited number production car like a highland green Bullitt.. but its also a different bodystyle than the fox4 platform, more rectagular an fits the rear q'p's angled design for some reason.

before i'd make up my mind, i'd want to look at it up close an examine it. test place it an jus see if it "looks right"

worst case scenario, you can sell it. :shrug:

Craig K.
06-13-2005, 06:46 AM
sounds like good reasoning.

I think I will hold off on the fuel door lid. Really you don't save much money when buying all pieces together anyhow ($5 or $10).

I'll still buy the pedals though.

Purple1995Pony
06-13-2005, 07:10 AM
sounds like good reasoning.

I think I will hold off on the fuel door lid. Really you don't save much money when buying all pieces together anyhow ($5 or $10).

I'll still buy the pedals though.

I've seen chromed versions of the fuel door around if you decide later to get one....would match the wheels at least. I have the bullitt pedals on my 95 and they are great....biotch to put on tho... plan on spending some crunched up time under the dash...and use liquid soap as a lube to put them on too.

One_live95
07-27-2005, 09:35 PM
and a spoon.....hair dryer or heat gun doesn't hurt either...

jason

CrimsonRacing
07-28-2005, 05:47 AM
Craig.....while at FFW this year I talked to the guys at UPR about getting a billet fuell door with the black outer ring..........I think that looks really good but they said I'd have to special order it..Saw one there with that design and it looked really good.

:metal:

ChipR4cam
07-28-2005, 06:00 AM
I've seen one with a blck door and machined ring. I like those. :yup:

EZ SPEED
07-28-2005, 06:41 AM
I like mine....Bullitt fuel door that I painted body color and polished the screws. :nice: