PDA

View Full Version : Dropped motor in today

ujslost
06-14-2005, 06:09 PM
with the tranny attached, which is how our crew on sand mountain does it
any how, all my so called buddies couldnt seem to get over to help so i had to drop it alone, and the cherry picker came flying up and well the motor dropped from about 1 ft or so and hit the k memeber, doesnt seem to have hurt anything that i can see so far. but then the motor deceided to lay over on its side when that happened, imagine intake facing the strut tower almost, well thats what i had, its been a friggin headache, anyhow Kevin dropped by,( you know him Lee) and helped me get it straightened out real quick, lesson learnt from now on, drop motor, then install tranny when no help is to be found.

QWKSNKE
06-14-2005, 07:09 PM
glad you got it in :nice:

slvrbullit
06-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Glad that nothing got hurt when the picker fell.

Craig K.
06-14-2005, 09:24 PM
you always learn some kind of lesson when dropping in an engine by yourself.

glad it worked out o.k.

ujslost
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Just glad i didnt get hurt, or that a buddy didnt have his arm down in the engine bay trying to hold it straight when it happened. Wife tried to help afterwards, not much help there, I was about 10 secs away from calling someone up and saying bring me $500 this heap is yours! Then thats when kevin showed up. :chug:

Disney Lincoln
06-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Did you not haev the legs extended out on the hoist or something?

ujslost
06-15-2005, 05:13 AM
yeah, as far as possible, and the boone too!

95GTMan
06-15-2005, 05:21 AM
I thought you were doing it last weekend? Hell if I would have known you were doing it yesterday I would have said I could have helped. If you need anything else let me know since I am usually in G'ville during the week. :chug:

ujslost
06-15-2005, 05:25 AM
OH no shit, really? Nah I had to wait on my buddy to get it pulled out of his car, which i had to help do just to get him moving his ass!, and then tear it down and put my heads and intake and flywheel and timing cover and all that other stuff on the short block. So thats how come its taken this long.
Are you available today? Im gonna try to get the upperintake, headers, exhaust, and driveshaft, radiator, and a few little odds and ends finished up today! Let me know if ya want to help.

ujslost
06-15-2005, 05:32 AM
or call me 878-7607

93Cobra#2771
06-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Boom all the way out was the problem. Shorter the boom, less likely it will tip over. Course I know you have to have the boom out pretty far to clear the rad. support...