PDA

View Full Version : $2175 for Baby WeedeatAr suspension?!?

FastRedPonyCar
06-27-2005, 08:48 PM
New almost out from Tanabe.

Tanabe TEAS (Tanabe EDFC): COMING SOON

TEAS = Tanabe Electric Active Suspension is a revolutionary electronic control module for SUSTEC Pro SEVEN and future Sustec Pro Dampener suspension kits. Allows for chaning of the vehicle's dampener settings across 16 points within the vehicle. An active controller, TEAS has ACTIVE MODE, which auto adjust according to speed, and MANUAL MODE, which allows for fixed settings.

Active:

Active mode for programming speed sensing active damper control because every turn on a road or circuit is different, one fixed dampener setting is not perfect for an entire course. For the lower speeds of tighter turns, TEAS can switch to a lower dampener setting on turn entry and then gradually increase dampening force for stability while accelerating out of the turn and reaching higher speeds. This is useful to tune the suspension to a track by using avg. speed and avg. turn speed.
9 programmable 'speed triggers' to actively adjust dampening force
16 dampener setting may be selected front and rear settings independently programmable

Manual:

Manual mode to choose fixed dampener setting from inside the car.
4 settings may be stored in MANUAL MODE.
16 dampener settings may be selected front and rear settings independently programmable

FEATURE AND SPECIFICATION:

High visibility - LED Display is easy to read, and can be read at any angle

Compact design - allows the TEAS control unit to be placed in many locations.

Memory - TEAS will store all programmed settins after teh vehicle is shut off.

Slim actuator - ultra slim actuator so tower bars may be used.

Fast actuation - TEAS only takes 0.013 seconds to change a setting.

Ultra quiet - Extremely quiet actuation for active changes in setting in ACTIVE MODE.

:drool: :metal:

Italian LX
06-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Sound to me like a lot of high-tech mumbo-jumbo. :poke:

99LS1
06-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Can you adjust compression/rebound separately? Doesn't look like it. I'm not a big fan of adjustable coilovers, just find a set that properly mated to each other and you won't need it. Nathan and I had a discussion about this awhile ago.

Sendero
06-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Can you adjust compression/rebound separately? Doesn't look like it. I'm not a big fan of adjustable coilovers, just find a set that properly mated to each other and you won't need it. Nathan and I had a discussion about this awhile ago.

They do have their place in a 9/10ths enviroment like F1 or IRL racing, but for regular Joe Schmo and his Pinto, I don't know if you'd actually gain anything.

Italian LX
06-28-2005, 07:35 AM
They do have their place in a 9/10ths enviroment like F1 or IRL racing, but for regular Joe Schmo and his Pinto, I don't know if you'd actually gain anything.
They play a huge roll in drag racing... what do you think an adjustable drag strut changes?

Sendero
06-28-2005, 07:42 AM
They play a huge roll in drag racing... what do you think an adjustable drag strut changes?

From street to drag. You go 90/10 for the dragstrip and drive home on 50/50. You'd also run a low spring rate, which is more forgiving in C/R changes than a high road race spring would.

10% rebound on a 1000# spring = one hell of a bucking bronco!

Italian LX
06-28-2005, 07:47 AM
From street to drag. You go 90/10 for the dragstrip and drive home on 50/50. You'd also run a low spring rate, which is more forgiving in C/R changes than a high road race spring would.

10% rebound on a 1000# spring = one hell of a bucking bronco!

I was refering to the compression/rebound adjustment comment.

However, you can easily change springs in a coil-over set-up, so I really don't know what point you are trying to make. :think:

Sendero
06-28-2005, 08:10 AM
so I really don't know what point you are trying to make. :think:

That Drew is not talking about drag racing his Acura.

FastRedPonyCar
06-28-2005, 08:19 AM

Yah there's no way in heck I'd spend that much on suspension. The Mugens look to be perfect for me. They're not adjustable, they're pre-assembled with a matched coil and shock/strut and drop the car about an inch and a half. Guys who have it say that the ride quality doesn't suffer. Still just as smooth on the intArstate but it's incredibly tight and responsive.. Still $1300 though :fuss:

Sendero
06-28-2005, 09:05 AM
.. Still $1300 though :fuss:

...special overnight parts from Japan.

Italian LX
06-28-2005, 09:26 AM
:doh:

TheJeanyus
06-28-2005, 09:56 AM
:lol: