PDA

View Full Version : My Engine Bay Pics!

ujslost
07-04-2005, 12:42 AM
:lookatme: Ok its been a week or 2 since I got my motor back in the mustang.
I finally got around to taking a few pics of the engine bay. Would have had them sooner but my camera has been giving my problems for some reason. Hope you can see the engine bay pretty decently in my pics. I worked really hard on a few things that I will point out just incase nobody notices.
1. Took the time to hide 95% of my wiring.
2. I have put my electric fan infront on the radiator allowing my to have that much more room in front of the motor which is really needed IMO, and not have to run a fan shroud/overflow.
3. Relocated the msd coil to what i think is a nicer location and mounted my msd ignition box over that sickning hole where the washer fluid bottle stuck out of.
4. I do have an over flow bottle although I did remove the stock one. The one I bolted on came from a 1985 Lincoln MarkVii. Which sits nicely out of the way and bolts just below the MSD box.
5. My car is white, and since the paint isnt in great shape it has been my experience that the oil and grease seems to stain the white paint pretty easily under my hood. So I bought some spray paint (Duplicolor Brand, "Dark metallic gray) to paint the firewalls. I didnt really want to use black so I picked a nice dark color that didnt look as dreary or dull looking as black. ( No offense to ppl with black engine bays.)
6. I know this is not visible in the pictures, but I replaced my old motor mounts with convertible mounts.
7. I added a complete set of aftermarket guages. (because I just don't trust the 16 year old stock guages anymore.)
8. I pulled my brake lines down under that metal lip on the firewall and hid them under it, which looks 100% better to me.
9. Installed an extended cowl hood, but not for any clearance purposes, just because I got one cheap and all I had before was a stock hood which actually was rubbing my upper intake.
10. Tried to polish the belt tensioner, which turned out ok at first but doesnt stay very clean. So I will work on it again later, when I have time.

I hope it looks good to you guys, and maybe give anyone looking to clean up their engine bay a few ideas, and If anyone knows of some more ways, I would be glad to hear them, because I cant stand the engine bay being all cluttered up, especially with the old dried out wiring. Even though that is part of running an EFI car. Btw most of the wiring is hide atop the bellhousing and under the brake booster and ran thru the inner fender on the drivers side.
When i get ready to paint the whole car, I am also gonna weld up all those cancerous looking holes in the engine bay left over from all the unessecery accessories that have been removed.

QWKSNKE
07-04-2005, 07:37 AM
props to all the hard work

banditmwp
07-04-2005, 07:46 AM
:nice:

Italian LX
07-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Looks good. I really like the idea of removing the fan shroud and fan; however, I'm curious as to how well the "pusher" fan set-up will hold up to the street... this is a street car, right?

Also, you forgot to put your A/C equipment back on. :poke:

:D

Wicked
07-04-2005, 09:15 AM
I really like the idea of removing the fan shroud and fan. :D

I agree, makes it a little easier to work on.

ujslost
07-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Yes it is a street car, and the fan on the front of the radiator seems to work good.
I have a mechanical water temp guage and it stays between 180-200.
As for the AC, nope I didnt forget to put it on, I took it off and its staying off!
It actually worked when I bought the car which I thought was fairly rare for an 89 model. I debated over taking it off for a while before I finally deceided to. I bought my Explorer and said well its time for the air to come off the stang now that I got a vehicle to drive if I want to be under the AC. Thanks for the props. And yeah there is a crap load of room in front of the motor with out that huge ass fan shroud in the way.