PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of..

QWKSNKE
01-04-2005, 10:22 AM
This place. http://www.dccontrol.com/ Looks like they have some nice electric fan setups

svopaul
01-04-2005, 10:36 AM
This place. http://www.dccontrol.com/ Looks like they have some nice electric fan setups

Looks nice but it's cheaper to run an SN95 fan IMO.....That is what I always run....

banditmwp
01-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Isn't that what Richard has on his Cobra? :think:

QWKSNKE
01-04-2005, 11:33 AM
sn95 doesn't flow enough for my application.

Richard runs a Lincoln fan. Not sure about the rest

Italian LX
01-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Hmmm, the link doesn't work for me. :think:

banditmwp
01-04-2005, 11:43 AM

Just noticed his sig...he runs their fan controller, and a MarkVIII fan.

svopaul
01-04-2005, 11:46 AM

What?!? I have yet to see any flow issues with those fans...and the Lincoln fan is nearly identical....I have both here.

If your car won't cool with an SN95 fan then I suspect there is another issue involved...

QWKSNKE
01-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Ever run one of those behind a 4in thick intercooler, a/c condenser, and a 3 row radiator?

Both the Lincoln and the Sn95 fans are only good for maybe 350 hp. which is no cooling gains over a manual fan. They flow what, 2000-2200 cfm. I am figuring with a 500 rwhp car I will need at least a 3000 cfm fan.

svopaul
01-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Actually I have a friend running one in a Procharged 91 Coupe.....he has had no issues with it. Intercooler, Fluidyine radiator, A/C condensor.....which is why I questioned it. Just trying to save you a few bucks but overkill doesn't hurt if you've got the budget ;).

EZ SPEED
01-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Ever run one of those behind a 4in thick intercooler, a/c condenser, and a 3 row radiator?

Both the Lincoln and the Sn95 fans are only good for maybe 350 hp. which is no cooling gains over a manual fan. They flow what, 2000-2200 cfm. I am figuring with a 500 rwhp car I will need at least a 3000 cfm fan.

:wave: 500 rwhp here and a SN95 fan !! :metal:

Built the kit myself !!

QWKSNKE
01-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Actually I have a friend running one in a Procharged 91 Coupe.....he has had no issues with it. Intercooler, Fluidyine radiator, A/C condensor.....which is why I questioned it. Just trying to save you a few bucks but overkill doesn't hurt if you've got the budget ;).

Don't really have the budget and personally never been a big fan of electric fans (something else to go out if you are on a trip 300 miles from home) but I have entertained thought of doing the swap one of these days.

I liked those kits because I didn't have to install the sn95 alternator :nice:

svopaul
01-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Don't really have the budget and personally never been a big fan of electric fans (something else to go out if you are on a trip 300 miles from home) but I have entertained thought of doing the swap one of these days.

I see the point on the alternator but to me that is an area on the Fox Mustang that needs improvement anyway....I won't run anything but a 3G anymore....even have one retrofitted on my SVO...and I have the SN95 fan on it as well.

I also see the point about a trip....but more of a reason to run the SN95 fan...it's a production part and designed to last :shrug:

I used to worry about things breaking down but gave up on worrying....just have AAA Plus or similar with the 100 mile towing option or carry some spare tools. Believe me....try having an SVO and driving a 12 hour trip to an event...we always worried about things....carried spare alternators, VAMs, dog bone clutch cable, etc, etc....we used to convoy and each person would bring different spare parts :D

EZ SPEED
01-04-2005, 05:27 PM

Huh?.....the same can happen to a manual fan on a trip..nothing is fool proof ;) ...umm..BMW?

Italian LX
01-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Huh?.....the same can happen to a manual fan on a trip..nothing is fool proof ;) ...umm..BMW?
:werd:

I was about to post that... hell, the electric fan is what allowed the BMW to be driven home that day. :yup:

93Cobra#2771
01-05-2005, 01:33 PM
The short answer on the DCC fan control plus my mk8 fan: I love it!

Long answer: Every since my h/c/i upgrade, my car ran hot. I did everything to try to cool it off. FMS alum rad., non underdrive pullies, water wetter, black magic electric fan, etc. I finally nailed it down to lack of airflow, as it would cool off at speed pretty quickly.

I got the FK-35 DCC fan controller, and a MK8 fan. The mk8 can pull up to 5400 cfm, and is a hellacious fan. Trimmed the shroud about 1/2", moved condensor forward a little, radiator forward a lot (over 3" at the bottom), and it clears the WP pulley by a healthy 1/4".

The combo kit (controller plus fan) he offers isn't the mk8 fan, but the tbird/cougar fan. Rated at 4300 cfm, I believe, and it doesn't have to be trimmed to fit.

My car hasn't run hot even one time since I added the fan. For those of you who have ever had cooling problems, it's really hard to get used to not looking at the temp gauge every 5 seconds.

You can go to my photo gallery on the corral.net and see my mods to get everything to fit and work. The DCC works flawlessly, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a quality fan controller.

BTW, it basically turns a single speed fan into an infinitely variable speed fan, kinda like a dimmer on a light switch. It only turns the fan hard enough to keep the car at the temp you want it, plus or minus 2°.

You don't have to run the 3G alternator to use it with the mk8. Otherwise, you will need one.

Lee, break down and do the 3G conversion. You'll like watching the windows going up and down quickly, the headlights not dimming when the a/c is on, etc. Plus, the EEC likes a nice consistant voltage. The 65a is marginal at best with a stock setup, let alone a modded one. I run a 140a Powermaster (chrome of course) :lookatme: :bling: .

QWKSNKE
01-05-2005, 04:03 PM
actually my alt. is a 120a I believe :D

I just do not like the 3g's on a fox. I looked into doing the swap once but the 3g looks so out of place on our cars

93Cobra#2771
01-06-2005, 06:51 AM
I agree. That's why I went with the powermaster unit - it looks almost identical to the standard 5.0 alternator, down to the open fan blades and everything.

If you've got a 120a unit, then you'll be fine as well...