PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Almost Finished!

M1Speed
07-25-2005, 05:57 PM
I got a call today, that my cc plates and trackit plus had finally came in. So this wen that and my new springs will be put on. This will almost complete my suspension package. :metal:

TheJeanyus
07-25-2005, 06:11 PM
:nice:

QWKSNKE
07-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Did you get the Kenny Brown track kit?

M1Speed
07-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Did you get the Kenny Brown track kit?

yeah

Italian LX
07-25-2005, 07:08 PM
yeah
That supposed to be a really nice set-up. That's what I'd go with if I was starting my suspension from scratch. :nice:

EZ SPEED
07-26-2005, 03:02 AM
:nice:

Craig K.
07-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Sounds like a good combo.
Give us a write up and evaluation once you have it completed.

Ponygirl
07-26-2005, 04:53 PM
:chleader:

M1Speed
07-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Well everything is on and works great. I took it out today with Jase just to see. In all the turns the car just bit and stayed. Not once did it move unless i did it.

Putting the brackets on from where i had to relocate my lca's was i guess the hardest part of the whole install. The springs lowered the car around an inch and a half, and it fills the fender well just right. :metal:

The first pic is the trackit mounted. It was mounted where the quad shocks were, and a hole drilled about an inch below where the shock mounting bracket was on the axle cover. The second pic just shows the mounting point to the car. The third pic is the final result.

All that said i am very pleased with the car and will be even more pleased once i get use to it again. :hyper:

QWKSNKE
07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
what springs?

I really would like to install a KB track kit on my car by track day.

M1Speed
07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
They where the sports springs from the level 2 suspension. I would have to get model. But here is a pic.

Sendero
07-28-2005, 08:46 PM
I would keep an eye on your UCA's, especially the drivers side arm. If you stuff the drivers side of the axle enough you'll tweak that arm into a pretzel. Ask me how I know. :jester:

ON EDIT: Drive the car for a couple of weeks then remove the rear sway bar. I found that the car will ride better and handle with more confidence.

M1Speed
07-29-2005, 07:29 PM
If you stuff the drivers side of the axle enough you'll tweak that arm into a pretzel. Ask me how I know.

How did you do that?

remove the rear sway bar.

I thought removing the sway bar would effect the balance of the car.

Sendero
07-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I thought removing the sway bar would effect the balance of the car.

Balance? As in weight?

Ford puts a large diameter bar in the rear to make up for the soft springs. When you upgrade to stiffer springs/shocks you no longer need such a large bar and it can actually hurt your handling by adding bind to the rear end. Just give it a couple of weeks to get used to it, then remove it as a comparison.

Crzypny
08-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Took a ride in the Mach today. Have to say I was impressed with the handling. :nice:

1sicklx
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
yeah but he wasn't pushing it hard enough ... the car could've made you wet your pants :P

Crzypny
08-03-2005, 04:25 PM
yeah but he wasn't pushing it hard enough ...

:agree:

M1Speed
08-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Balance? As in weight?

I just upgraded springs, waiting till the stock Tokico's wear out. Then i'll put koni yellows or Bilstein's on. I thought sway bars helped with whole balance as in body roll, stabilizes the car and keeps it flat.

Craig K.
08-08-2005, 09:19 AM
I just upgraded springs, waiting till the stock Tokico's wear out. Then i'll put koni yellows or Bilstein's on. I thought sway bars helped with whole balance as in body roll, stabilizes the car and keeps it flat.

The Mustang rear sway bar doesn't do much for handeling except bind the rear end and give the driver a loose feeling when going into a turn at 110%.
I drove with mine on my '85 (a full W2W car) for 10 laps, I took it off and never put it back on during the 4 years that I raced.

Also on my '95 the sway bar was never there (broke off), I never have really even thought of putting it back on.

As Nathan said just try it as a comparison. You may like the new feeling, you may not, but you won't know until you try it.

M1Speed
08-08-2005, 03:56 PM
im always up for something new. Can always but it back on.

Sendero
08-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Also on my '95 the sway bar was never there (broke off), I never have really even thought of putting it back on.

As Nathan said just try it as a comparison. You may like the new feeling, you may not, but you won't know until you try it.

For reference, my bar has been off the Cobra for two years now. I have ZERO bodyroll issues and little oversteer problems. (Except for the times Jennifer is trying to make me mad, so I slide the rear around a corner to squelch the noise.)

AngelEyes
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
(Except for the times Jennifer is trying to make me mad)
:shrug: