PDA

View Full Version : Redline Water Wetter

joker
07-28-2005, 02:12 PM
I have seen mixed reviews on this stuff so I figured I would post my expierience with it. The last day or two the car has been running a little warmer than I would like, due to the temps outside of coarse. I had to go pick up a radiator cap last night because of another issue, so I went ahead and picked up some water wetter while I was there.

I can honestly say that I can see a significant difference in the cooling. The car takes longer to warm up now, average temps seem to be down, and when it does get a little on the warm side (stop and go traffic downtown) the car also seems to cool back down a little quicker as well. Overall the stuff definiltey gets a thumbs up from me, and if your cooling system isnt doing quite as well as you would like I would give it a try.

mustang1549
07-28-2005, 03:46 PM
i use the same thing and have noticed a temp difference. great product.

slvrbullit
07-28-2005, 06:58 PM
I have always used it or another product called 40 Below, it is the same thing but made by a different company. Both are excellent, If not real drag racers would not run it with no antifreeze in their cars.

Some tracks require that only water wetter or pure water be in the radiator due to ease of clean up.

93Cobra#2771
07-29-2005, 08:28 AM
I've used water wetter successfully in the past as well. Need to add some to my car again (I change coolant at least once a year, not by choice - used to overheat, changed rads, fans twice, one blown off rad. hose - you get the picture)... :lol:

Craig K.
07-29-2005, 08:29 PM
I used water wetter in the '85 along with only water (for the reasons Tommy stated) and the car always ran cool.

I did add the Royal Purple water wetter to the Cobra (see other thread in the Windsor section). Once I figure out what the heck is going on woth that car I will post how it does.

myillwillinc
08-03-2005, 02:45 PM
love water wetter, my car loves it better