PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

5.0blackbrd
07-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know someone who is really good at buffing out and waxing cars?
If I can find someone,i I will use them regularly, because I suck at waxing. I just seem to have the worst of luck getting a nice shiny finish. :banghead::banghead:

QWKSNKE
07-31-2005, 06:18 PM
What wax are you using and what problems have you been having?

5.0blackbrd
07-31-2005, 07:49 PM
What wax are you using and what problems have you been having?

Well I was using some Meguiars ScratchX to try and get some water spots off the roof of my Tbird. When I went to wipe it off the ScratchX wouldn't come off! The majority of it would but there were still palces that wouldn't wipe off.
I don't know what I did wrong. I only let it dry maybe 1 minute.

TheJeanyus
07-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Did you have it sitting in the sun?

5.0blackbrd
07-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Did you have it sitting in the sun?
No it was in the shade, had been in the shade about 4 hours. The roof was not hot to touch.

QWKSNKE
08-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Well I was using some Meguiars ScratchX to try and get some water spots off the roof of my Tbird. When I went to wipe it off the ScratchX wouldn't come off! The majority of it would but there were still palces that wouldn't wipe off.
I don't know what I did wrong. I only let it dry maybe 1 minute.

Did it leave a residue? Is that a liquid application or paste?

5.0blackbrd
08-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Did it leave a residue? Is that a liquid application or paste?

It comes in a tube, but it is kind of thick, between a paste and a liquid. It did leave a residue and most of it came off, but there were some stubborn spots. I used some Meguiars Detail Spray on it this evening and the rest came off, but the water spots are still there. I'm kind of in a bad situation, not having a garage. I try to keep a cover on it most of the time. The one I have is pretty good and is 99% waterproof. A little gets in through the stitching. But if I drive the car and it rains, I don't put the cover back on until I can wash it good. Can anyone recommend any good cleaners and waxes, besides Zaino. Too expensive. I need something I don't have to work at to get it off.

Mike Donley

QWKSNKE
08-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Wax will not remove water spots. You will have to clay bar the area then wax. We run into this with Shelly's convertible

TheJeanyus
08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Wax will not remove water spots. You will have to clay bar the area then wax. We run into this with Shelly's convertible
Meguiar's Scratch X isn't a wax, either. It's more like a polish to polish out fine scratches.

QWKSNKE
08-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Meguiar's Scratch X isn't a wax, either. It's more like a polish to polish out fine scratches.

ahhhhh

93Cobra#2771
08-02-2005, 09:39 AM
You most likely used too much of the scratchX, and didn't rub it in good. So when it dried, it was hard and crusty.

Those types of polishes are meant to be rubbed in till they practically disappear...