PDA

View Full Version : Wth????

dylan020
08-03-2005, 11:52 AM
ok...my cd player has stopped turning on (only a year/so old) and since ive had underdrive pullies at idle the speedo lights go dim and the volts drop. Once i hit the gas again they raise back up. Could it be my alternator doesnt have enough amps to push all that plus the cd player? I've checked the fuses and they're all fine and other shit isnt working too like my seats and cig. lighter.....if you guys have an theories that would be great before i start spending on unneccessary things :nice:

joker
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Sounds like your cd player is just screwed. If it were an alt problem, then it should be able to power on once you are moving. The light are going dim either because of your underdrive pullies, or because your alt is going south. It is very common on fox 5.0s for the voltage to go down at idlewith pulleys, but the sn95's have a better alt.

dylan020
08-03-2005, 12:26 PM
man, i really dont see how the cd player could go bad so quick...the shit cost me around 500 bucks (exact same that brad had for sale not too long ago)

Is it even worth it to take it to an audio shop around here in florida or just eat it and buy a new cd player?

Craig K.
08-03-2005, 12:54 PM
my volts started to drop a little at idle with pullies also

coupe
08-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Well; the alternator is working if you rev it up & everything is better. I say the battery took a dump. It's supposed to be able to have "reserve" current ability so when there is overload situations for short time (or longer with the pullies), the battery can supply it, then charge back as the current load diminishes.

Drop by Advance Auto & they will perform a free batt/alt. system check. It's accurate too. :nice:

dylan020
08-03-2005, 01:59 PM
would that have anything to do with the cd player though? right after the pullies my cd player started randomly cutting off but never stopped working until now when the voltage drop is pretty significant

coupe
08-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Got a short in the connection maybe? That's a minor issue compared to the charging system.. Take it in for a check.